Afs lighting upgrade

neilwaterhouse88

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm just debating upgrading my lights on my 59 a3 by adding the afs module to the bi xenon headlights has anybody got experience of how good these are and if it is worth doing
Thanks for your time

You also need to change the headlights too, not just the control module so it wont be cheap. You may also need to rewire the light, i havent studied the difference in the wiring.

as khufu says itll be wiring and itll be light units with an extra control unit, and an upgrade on the afs module, but i rate cornering lights highly as does nhn what type of roads do you drive on?

i love afs its sbutle and will be a lot better when i eventually get round to adjusting my headlights up properly, theyre still down from when i had the afs module issue with facelifting the car

Well I drive down a lot of country roads so think I'm gonna get it done, I also think my lights need adjusting from when I had them fitted, I also need headlight washers fitted but have been told I need a new bumper for this is that correct?

yeah wouldnt go down the other road of cutting if youre in any way fussy

Yes I'm very fussy so gonna go for the mum bumper are the washer jet effective?
Thanks for your guidance

tbqh not really no, but they do look the dogs i love em :wub:, considering the price to fit tehm id jsut go for it

Yes that's the main reason I'm going for them, I do drive down lots of country roads so I think they should help a bit, how often do they spay when the lights are on is it everything you spray the windows? I see your thinking of adding the led rear light have got any pics of what these look like

the headlight washers only come on when a) headlights are on and B) when you hold them on for a certain time (adjustable with VCDS)

That's good then so you just hold the sprayer stalk for a bit longer to do the lights, have you any ideas what the default time is