YES IT CAN, NO IT CANT HELP!

archiemac281

Reaction score
Well heres one for anyone with the knowlage, can a standard RS4 front bumper be fitted to a S-Line diesel 2007 as I have be told they can with slight alteration as the RS4 is wider than the S-Line. But on the other hand I have been told it wont work so my question is has anyone done it and what did it entail. Thanks a puzzled member !

I was on the understanding that it couldn't due to the front arches being so wide compared to normal. You maybe able with some slight mods to the bumper but I couldn't say for sure but I know that I haven't seen one done!

I have been told you remove the bumper brackets and then with a little work they fit fine but just wondered if anyone had done it. Thanks

The bumper is designed for the wider arches of the RS4, so you'd need to chop sections out and plastic-weld the bumper to follow the line of the A4 arches.

It wouldn't be too difficult if you have the space & equipment (& the skill) but it's not a quick swap... you'd need to do a fair amount of trial and error to get it to fit.

Also, is huge Comic Sans type really necessary?! lol

I just happended to see this today on autotrader. I'm not sure if it has wide arches or not. It looks like an impressive job though with an RS4 interior :hubbahubba:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...iceasc&anchor=advert200946346178568&logcode=p

media

Spoke to a guy who is selling a coverted S-Line and he said it did not take much messing with and you do not have to cut anthing at all, once you remove the side brackets it sits re-sest by about 10mil so he says it not a hard job at all. Fair comment about the rather large COSMIC SANS haha. Thanks to all for your cons