Xenons Finally In - Clear Corners & Shadowed - PICS

jimbooboo

Reaction score
After months of collecting the bits, I finally got the lights in over the weekend...
Headlight 1Headlight 2

I used a D1S HID kit instead of genuine ballasts and have no issues with warning lights etc.

I would like some advice on how I line then up though.. Are there any alignment screws anywhere apart from the 2 white ones on top?

I need to adjust the horizontal alignment, can I do it electronically? Vagcom etc?

Cheers, James

I need to adjust the horizontal alignment, can I do it electronically? Vagcom etc?

Uh no, if you used aftermarket kit & didn't fit levelling system as per factory, how would you control the lights systems, that's not possible without oem levelling fitted.

Upon inspection, i could only see 2 wires going to where the ballast would connect? How can it also control the motors etc?

I'm not too concerned about the auto levelling for now, just want to line them up..

Cheers, James

Bixenons use 4 wire for level control, adaptives use 2 wires, so bottom line is use the manual screw handles, its not possible via vcds without this system being fitted & then it is infact just setting the motors to a preset position, so you can manually adjust them on an mot bay, so they move up/down on the road correctly.

Ah right, thanks for the info, where are the manual adjusmtent screws for horizontal adjustment?

Cheers, James

nice mate they look great , makes the front end look a lot meaner

when i did mine i just went to the local mot station and got the tester to align them up

took him about 3 mins and i just give him a a few quid for a beer all good

Ah right fair enough, I'll just keep a look out for regular ballasts and fit them when whenever. Everything is fine as it is though, its aligned quite nicely..

I've also noticed a slight it of wobble on one of the headlights. Its all nice and tight, its a brand new unit but theres a very slight wobble over rough road and bumps..

Anyone got any ideas?