Wireless charging mod for armrest

cemerson

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about doing this, or actually done it? I'm very tempted to give it a go.

Reactions: illingworth22
Good thought. I have a spare wireless charger and an adapter to plug it into the MMI. It will only work while the ignition is on but makes life easy to sling the phone into the armrest and let it charge

Doesn't need to be plugged in to the MMI necessarily, I'm thinking of building it in so it doesn't take up the USB socket, is permanently on perhaps, and doesn't reduce the amount of room in there.

Post some pictures and details when you do this... looks interesting

Reactions: Relliott6879
If you are a DIYer, you could purchase the Qi wireless charger and stick it under the center bin. I currently have my qi wireless phone holder there and love it. Not having to worry about wires really does make a difference.

http://amzn.com/B00F6SPYJS

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I'd pull the whole lot out and fit it underneath though (assuming there's room) so the armrest looks no different.

I wanted to mount the wireless charger holder somehow on the actual underside of the armrest so I could still use the bin for storage... well for really flat items. But I guess if your phone fit, you could also use the Audi net thing and attach the wireless charger on the side of the armrest bin so you could still use the bin for storage too?

2013-Audi-A3-Phone-Box-626x442.jpg

That's my plan yes - mount on the underside. Probably a couple of chargers actually to cover the bottom of it. I'll have to have a look at Elsawin and see what kind of room there looks to be under there.