Winter Wax & Leather Care

Shortyian

Reaction score
Hard days graft but very pleased with results - full top to bottom clean & then nice coat of Autoglym HD Wax to protect him for winter.... salty roads have started! First time using HD Wax and very happy with the results.

Leather cleaned with Autoglym cleaner & care balm too.... 2nd time using this and it really does make the leather look like new, its great stuff!

Shattered but well worth it, going to sit with a well earned pint or two and admire out him the window before it gets dark.

IMG 7291 IMG 7286 IMG 7292 IMG 7283 IMG 7285 IMG 7289 IMG 7284 IMG 7287

Reactions: Raiden, Rob2k68, richinsoton and 11 others
Looks great, well worth the graft!

Good work and a lovely finish to look at. Well worth it

Looks great, I always get disappointed at this time of year after cleaning my car, one drive and its dirty again, very frustrating.

Hard days graft but very pleased with results - full top to bottom clean & then nice coat of Autoglym HD Wax to protect him for winter.... salty roads have started! First time using HD Wax and very happy with the results.

Leather cleaned with Autoglym cleaner & care balm too.... 2nd time using this and it really does make the leather look like new, its great stuff!

Shattered but well worth it, going to sit with a well earned pint or two and admire out him the window before it gets dark.

View attachment 110845 View attachment 110846 View attachment 110847 View attachment 110848 View attachment 110849 View attachment 110850 View attachment 110851 View attachment 110852

Ooooooof, early this morning is there a better sight?

IMG 7453

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Pook and Ben85
@Shortyian Does the the leather cleaner leave a scent in the car? I know Auto Glym leather cleaner at least used to smell very funny, I am hoping to retain the new car smell.

Also, I have some care balm in the garage but does it make the leather look shiny? The seats in the S3 are very much matt finish and I would be gutted if they came out glistening haha.

@Shortyian Does the the leather cleaner leave a scent in the car? I know Auto Glym leather cleaner at least used to smell very funny, I am hoping to retain the new car smell.

Also, I have some care balm in the garage but does it make the leather look shiny? The seats in the S3 are very much matt finish and I would be gutted if they came out glistening haha.

Hi, not sure about the cleaner smell as after i cleaned & left to dry i applied the balm straight away after.... just a light scent, more like a light leather smell - it's nice, probably the kind of new car smell you are after!

The Balm - It appears shiny at first when you apply the balm, but you apply it, then let it dry, then you then buff leather with microfibre cloth and it goes back to a lovely matt finish afterwards - It's ideal for the results you are after actually!

(this is only with autoglym products though, depends which 'care balm' you have?)

Reactions: AudiNutta

I use Gliptone leather cleaner followed by Gliptone conditioner - this leaves the leather with the proper matt finish and makes the leather smell like new :)

Reactions: AudiNutta