Winter Tyres

dale taylor

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently bought an Rs3 Sport edition and currently having a nightmare trying to get an answer from Audi regarding tyre size.

I currently have 255/30/19 (front)and also 235/35/19(rear) on the car.
I can't seem to find a winter tyre brand that supplies both sizes.
I have lots of options for the 235 size so I wanted to ask will it affect the car putting 235/35/19's all round just for winter use?

I know that size will fit the bigger of the two rims so no issues there.

Thanks

Hi,
I have recently bought an Rs3 Sport edition and currently having a nightmare trying to get an answer from Audi regarding tyre size.

I currently have 255/30/19 (front)and also 235/35/19(rear) on the car.
I can't seem to find a winter tyre brand that supplies both sizes.
I have lots of options for the 235 size so I wanted to ask will it affect the car putting 235/35/19's all round just for winter use?

I know that size will fit the bigger of the two rims so no issues there.

Thanks

Short answer is no it doesn’t affect the car at all.

I run Pirelli Sottozero3’s on 8.5j rims.
Square set up 235 in the winter

I used to have the summer Pirelli P Zero in 255/235 but since moving to Goodyear Supersport F1 I had to go to 235 on the front 8.5j rim, with no issues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wuta3 and rdj
I'm considering swapping the 19" for 18" and getting a little bit more wall going. I'm not sure how fat the rubber can go with the 19"s

That's what I'd do. Cheap set of 18" rims and run 225/40 winters on them. Easier to swap, loads of choice when it comes to decent winter rubber and it'll be more comfortable.

That's what I'd do. Cheap set of 18" rims and run 225/40 winters on them. Easier to swap, loads of choice when it comes to decent winter rubber and it'll be more comfortable.

I meant for summer too tbh. Plus, i've always had a soft spot for these:

W58816H.jpg

Make sure 18’s will fit over your calipers. I know some on here have struggled before.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Make sure 18’s will fit over your calipers. I know some on here have struggled before.

Exactly......although why you'd want to run 18" on an RS3 is something i cannot understand:whistle2:

I once had a Cupra 280 (RIP!) and that rode and handled better on 18s than it did on its standard 19" rims.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I once had a Cupra 280 (RIP!) and that rode and handled better on 18s than it did on its standard 19" rims.

Similar: our SQ5 rides way better on 20-inch than 21-inch but the damn thing does 'look' better on 21-inch; pay yer money and takes yer choice I guess - there's much positive to be said for a higher profile tyre....