winter mode

tony mc

Reaction score
now then, just thought i show you lot my plastidip winter wheels, first time i've used it and must say i'm pretty happy with the result, these s line 18's needed a refurb but also serve as my winter now so i thought i'd rubber them up for the winter, it should look after them over the winter and i can take it off if i get sick of the look.

i'm going to take my mirrors off as well put my standard ones on and go darker for the winter,

winter stealth mode lol.

20151121 165542 resized
20151122 120309 resized 1
20151122 120322 resized 1

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
looks a lot better then mine in winter mode,
my little girl saw them yesterday for the first time and was like "daddy what are those?" in a disgusted tone, which I thought was quite funny.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: B_FUR
awww, mate i feel your pain,

i'd have to get some proper nasty trims for them, just for the crack lol

on a side note how have you had the chrome blacked out, is it wrap or paint ?

Yeah I was thinking that to, something really retro, or them teddy bear wheel trims ha

The car came like that, it's a special edition, but there's a few guys on here who have wrapped them with really good results mate

looks a lot better then mine in winter mode,... my little girl saw them yesterday for the first time and was like "daddy what are those?" in a disgusted tone, which I thought was quite funny.

Wow, think your little girl said it all! I just got myself a spare set of exactly matching alloys (so as to avoid insurance hike for non standard alloys) for my winters to live on.

Wow, think your little girl said it all! I just got myself a spare set of exactly matching alloys (so as to avoid insurance hike for non standard alloys) for my winters to live on.

I think my insurance would come down, because theifs wouldn't touch those steelies ha

morning all, finished putting the car in winter mode over the weekend, wrapped the chrome and put my black mirrors back on to keep the nasty salt away, but at the same time seeing if i like the de chrome look. and so far i must say i do, may have to make it permanent.

anyway here's a couple of pics

20151206 150452 resized
20151206 150506 resized

Reactions: B_FUR
morning all, finished putting the car in winter mode over the weekend, wrapped the chrome and put my black mirrors back on to keep the nasty salt away, but at the same time seeing if i like the de chrome look. and so far i must say i do, may have to make it permanent.

anyway here's a couple of pics

View attachment 74518 View attachment 74519
Looks good did you de chrome your self if so how hard was it and where did u get the wrap if you have a link?

they dont mate, i hope you haven't spent all day trying to work it out, i put them on to stop my ali ones getting shitted up.

what i should of said was, wrapped the chrome and put my black mirrors back on to keep the nasty salt away from knacking the chrome up,

Looks good did you de chrome your self if so how hard was it and where did u get the wrap if you have a link?

hello mate, yes i did it my self, with satin black wrap, was a bit fiddly but not to bad, just measure and cut to size before you put it on the car, i think i'm gonna plasti dip it to make it a better finish overall.

they dont mate, i hope you haven't spent all day trying to work it out, i put them on to stop my ali ones getting shitted up.

what i should of said was, wrapped the chrome and put my black mirrors back on to keep the nasty salt away from knacking the chrome up,
You owe me a day.... :D

You need to visit the cleaning/detailing pages...Mucky ******* ;)

You owe me a day.... :D

You need to visit the cleaning/detailing pages...Mucky ******* ;)

mate lmao, my car is normally gleaming but the weather over the past week has took its toll, she is well waxed and polished under the grime, so much so that i still get beading through the muck lol. here she is in summer mode lol.
20150608 193316 resized

Reactions: Charlie Farley
mate lmao, my car is normally gleaming but the weather over the past week has took its toll, she is well waxed and polished under the grime, so much so that i still get beading through the muck lol. here she is in summer mode lol.
View attachment 74597
That's a different type of mucky.... Missus wants to know where the box of tissues has gone!! Very nice pal. Tell me about the weather, ******* me off big time....