Windscreen chip repair

Jonny B

Reaction score
Proper clean of the car yesterday reveals , tiny , like half a pinhead , chip on the windscreen . It’s not splintered or spidery it’s completely round and looks like it’s just on the first layer of the screen , can feel it with my nail. Now I know it’s there i can’t stop seeing it although granted it looks like a bit of fluff rather than damage .Question . Has anyone had success with window repairs , I understand the silicon treatments cover up the worst and stop cracks expanding from water ingress but usually leave a mark . I’m looking for complete removal of this mark . I hate the idea of a new screen as I’m sure it won’t get fitted properly let alone be the correct one. Anyone done repairs themselves? Or any good independent repairers. . ..thank you . Can’t get a decent pic to small ..yes I am obsessive and can’t stop thinking about it. First world problem I know.

I've done a repair myself on an older S3.
Your chip sounds a lot smaller than mine.
My attempted 'repair' worked in that it stopped the issue getting worse however it ended up looking a bit of an abortion !!!
Suggest you get it done professionally.
Your nearest Halfords will have guy outside doing these, well most weekends anyway.