window motor question.

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the window motor on the 2002 audi a4 also has control over the central locking?
The electric window motor has a unit attached to it and that unit gets connected by 4 plugs. Ive been told that needs changing but i need to make sure.

VAG-com found this fault : 01031-central locking key switch driver side Unlock 27-10 implausible signal-intermittent

Any ideas? when i unlock doors windows sometimes (95% of the time) come down aswell. All else works fine.

Yesterday i locked the car and left it in a car park,when i got back 35 minutes later windows were open!

I think there is some link between the central locking and the windows giving you the window raise/lower option when you hold the lock/unlock button down on the key. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with an answer.

Its all controlled from the module in the drivers door, so perhaps this has a fault. There has been a couple of cars where the cabling has broken in the loom running from the door pillar into the door.

There is.

The Thatcham CAT1 immob fitted as standard to 02> models opens or shuts the windows when the appropriate remote button is held down, your lock must be sticking in the open position or dropping into it and opening the windows....try WD40 (my favourite stuff) or replace the drivers door lock actuator, its not the electric window control module thats at fault IMHO its the door locking module on the drivers door.

Not fixing it may mean your car unlocks itself during the night when you aren't looking... :sign_omg:

Hope that helps matey :)

There is.

The Thatcham CAT1 immob fitted as standard to 02> models opens or shuts the windows when the appropriate remote button is held down, your lock must be sticking in the open position or dropping into it and opening the windows....try WD40 (my favourite stuff) or replace the drivers door lock actuator, its not the electric window control module thats at fault IMHO its the door locking module on the drivers door.

Not fixing it may mean your car unlocks itself during the night when you aren't looking... :sign_omg:

Hope that helps matey :)
thanks for that,where is the actuator/module all i could see was the electric window motor ,car wont unlock at night but it does open the windows when it feels like.

P.S ive checked wires inbetween door/pillar theyre ok and not split.

I guess its very close to the actual lock on the drivers door? There should be a switch module attached to the key-operated part of the lock

IL have to take the door panel off again and have a look,last time i looked for the door lock it was very difficult to locate as space is very tight.

In the mean time ive got haynes workshop manual and it does'nt state any module upon stripping the door only the window motor:think:

Big module in my cabriolet door mounted right in the middle down low.