Window Cleaner

SamR92

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've noticed the last few times I've cleaned windscreen, when the sun hits it, you can see ever so slightly where the wipers travel.

What's the best product to use to get the windscreen completely clean so as that it's not noticeable where the wipers travel? AG Fast Glass is no longer cutting it

Cheers
Sam

Firstly the best thing you can do whatsoever is to use a microfiber towel for glass, super important, regular microfiber or anything else is **** for glass.

Away from that most glass cleaners made for detailing Ive tried have been good, my favorite is Svisswax Crystal tho.

I normally use Sonax Glass Cleaner. Always worked for me. I put a coating of CarPro Reload on yesterday for the first time. Will see how that does.

Reactions: scotty76
I use the Eco glass cleaner from Waitrose, can't remember the name. Really don't see how a dedicated automotive glass cleaner will make ANY difference if you've done a proper job cleaning the car.

I suppose you could do the following to prep the windscreen:
1) Normal wash with shampoo
2) Clay the glass and dry it
3) Use some Autoglym glass polish (good stuff, really brings the gloss and sheen to glass, makes it look like new imo)
4) Apply some glass sealant product (I know there is some Gtechniq product you can use). You can use the RainX window cleaner+rain repellent product. Or go for the dedicated rain repellent product instead.

I suppose you could do the following to prep the windscreen:
1) Normal wash with shampoo
2) Clay the glass and dry it
3) Use some Autoglym glass polish (good stuff, really brings the gloss and sheen to glass, makes it look like new imo)
4) Apply some glass sealant product (I know there is some Gtechniq product you can use). You can use the RainX window cleaner+rain repellent product. Or go for the dedicated rain repellent product instead.

I was thinking I may have to clay it.. the wiper trail is barely noticeable, but enough to annoy me when the rest of the window is gleaming.

@SamR92 - After having used a few may all time fave glass cleaner is CarPro Eraser
https://carpro.uk.com/products/eraser-intensive-polish-oil-remover-500ml

Haven't found a better glass cleaner yet
Beauty of this product is it has other uses too

I think I'd be worried using this as if there is any slight over spray onto paintwork, it'll start removing protection?

I think I'd be worried using this as if there is any slight over spray onto paintwork, it'll start removing protection?
@SamR92 - I know what your saying but in 2 1/2 years of use I've never had an issue with this product effecting my LSP's
Just gotta go careful :thumbs up:

Can always spray on the cloth first and then spread it on the edges of the screen carefully.

Reactions: SamR92 and Bristle Hound