will rs3 2016 leather seats fit a 2009 8p a3 e se model?

zyn-a3

Reaction score
Will these seats from a sportback 2016 rs3 fit a 2009 8p sportback a3?

My a3 is an 'e SE' model, so it comes with bog standard seats, no heating function and no electric at all in the seats, so i know wiring will be needed, but as far as the fitting goes, will they fit in the standard rails of my a3?

Photos attached..

Thank you

Attachments

• $_86 (1).JPG
    $_86 (1).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,311
  • $_86 (2).JPG
    $_86 (2).JPG
    26 KB · Views: 409
  • $_86 (3).JPG
    $_86 (3).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 443
  • $_86 (4).JPG
    $_86 (4).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 398
  • $_86 (5).JPG
    $_86 (5).JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 432
  • $_86 (6).JPG
    $_86 (6).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 399
  • $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 439
The front seats will bolt straight in but the backs will need stripping down so will your original backseat and you need to use the frames from your originals and The leather covers and foam from the rs3 seats

The front seats will bolt straight in but the backs will need stripping down so will your original backseat and you need to use the frames from your originals and The leather covers and foam from the rs3 seats
really? i was worried about the front seats more than the back seats, the back seats looked like a direct fit from the pictures, that sounds like way too much hassle now..

No the backs are a lot of hassle and the fronts do need rewiring but they do bolt straight in

No the backs are a lot of hassle and the fronts do need rewiring but they do bolt straight in
How much hassle are the backs really? Do we need to modify any part of a 8P back seat frame or a 8V foam/leather?

I'm searching for sport seats for my 2012 A3 SE and the 8V seats look much better, so any advise would be highly appreciated.

It is quite a lot of work on the back ones you have to take both lots of leather off of the seats then use the framework from the 8p seat and the Foam and leather from the 8v seats and on the 8v foam you have to put another little bit in the middle as there is a void where the 8v frame went you can do it nice just need to take your time
IMG 0367

Thank you @nil538. Do I understand correct that only the seat should be modded? What about the back rest? Is it direct swap or should I move the foam and leather from the 8V frame to the 8P one as well?

Also, I see some imperfections in the corners of the seat. It looks like there are empty spaces/no foam there? I circled it on the image below. Is the 8V back seat wider than the 8P one, so the 8P frame doesn't have place for all the 8V foam and leather? Or is there another reason?

Where did you get extra foam for the middle of the new seat? Did you cut it off the old 8P foam?

8V back seat in 8P

I have one more question to you, @nil538, if you don't mind. I see black leather door card inserts on your picture. I suppose this is a part of the genuine 8P leather interior that you had before you fitted the 8V seats. Am I right? I wanted to start a tread and ask this question. Is the 8P black leather interior color (soul?) the same as the 8V black leather seats color? Isn't the 8V black leather slightly lighter than the 8P one? It's an important question to me because I've got a SE car with grey cloth interior and if I bought the 8V leather seats I'd have to buy the 8PA door cards with leather inserts. And I want the color to match.