1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Why so many owners on used S3's?

robsy May 18, 2020

1. robsy

robsy New Member

I've been keeping a very close eye on the used S3 market as once all this covid stuff is over I'll be looking to buy. I've noticed that there are a hell of a lot of 3 to 4 year old cars with 3 or 4 previous owners. Is this normal for newish cars now? I realise with leasing and rental that people may only have the car 2 years from New but then it means others are keeping these cars less than a year. That seems crazy to me, but I have had my current Celica gt4 for 9 years so I do tend to keep cars long term

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. SaraS3

SaraS3 Active Member

Hi, I bought a pre registered 19 reg and only kept it a few months. It had around 2,000 miles on when I part ex'd it.
    I just didn't gel with it and went back to Mercedes. So that car with only 2,000 miles on would have had two owners for the next buyer. I don't usually keep cars long but that was shorter than usual because I just didn't like it.
    The low miles and 2 owners made it look a bit dodgy but it was immaculate, just not for me.

robsy likes this.