Facelift Whistle like sound when letting off the gas pedal

Lehn

Reaction score
Hi all

Have anyone experienced this whistle like sound when letting off the gas pedal after hard acceleration? And is it normal?

I have experienced this a couple of times now, especially when driving with open pano roof. I don't experience any other woosh sounds or power loss. I should mention that I have removed the snow guard and modified them oem intake panel. I have also fitted a dog bone insert but I can't imagine it has something to do with this.

The sound can be heard just between 0:02 and 0:03 when I let off the gas.

(You might want to turn the volume up - sorry for the bad dashcam sound quality)

Last edited:
Hi all

Have anyone experienced this whistle like sound when letting off the gas pedal after hard acceleration? And is it normal?

I have experienced this a couple of times now, especially when driving with open pano roof. I don't experience any other woosh sounds or power loss. I should mention that I have removed the snow guard and modified them oem intake panel. I have also fitted a dog bone insert but I can't imagine it has something to do with this.

The sound can be heard just between 0:02 and 0:03 when I let off the gas.

(You might want to turn the volume up - sorry for the bad dashcam sound quality)

Surely that’s just the waste gate blowing off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds the like bov is recirculating the air back into the air box, which is the standard procedure. That’s the same sound I get on my R600 intake.

Sounds the like bov is recirculating the air back into the air box, which is the standard procedure. That’s the same sound I get on my R600 intake.

Good to hear, I'm more relaxed now :salute:

At least there's a thread about it know if others experience the same sound and wonder what it may be.