Xenons
Tracker
Heated Mirrors
Split Folding Rear Seats
Auto Lights
Dimming Rear View Mirror
Aluminium Window Frames
£11800 Trade-in for my car
Has Offered to fit 6CD in Glovebox(FOC), but I asked him to make it a Phatbox instead.

Option2:
A4 2.0TFSI SE Quattro £24995
Met Blue
Colour DIS
DVD Navigation
Grey Leather (not Heated)
Wood Dash Strips
6 CD Glovebox Changer
Int. Light Pack
Xenons
Tracker
Heated Mirrors
Split Folding Rear Seats
Auto Lights
Dimming Rear View Mirror
Aluminium Window Frames
£9600 Trade-in for my car
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Edited it down to simplify & just show differences:

Seems to just be a choice of how much luxury you want- also how much mileage on the 2nd one?

Option 1:

Model
A4 2.0TFSI Sport Quattro £24995
9000Miles

Exterior
Misano Red
Votex Body Kit

Interior
Black Cloth
Aluminium Dash Strips

Equipment:
Concert CD
6 cd glovebox or phatbox

Financial:
£11800 Trade-in for my car

Option2:

Model:
A4 2.0TFSI SE Quattro £24995

Exterior:
Met Blue

Interior:
Grey Leather (not Heated)
Wood Dash Strips

Extra Equipment:
6 cd glovebox
DVD Navigation

Financial:
£9600 Trade-in for my car

They're not budging on the SE, but are very keen to get rid of the Sport. The major sticking point for me is the leather and DVD Nav versus the Votex kit and sport cloth seats. I've driven both and must admit that on the test short drives, I hardly noticed the difference between the SE and sport suspension. I'm sure I could get 11800 for my car privately, so price wise they are the same.
On the other hand, do i REALLY need a new car??????

Sport for me, and retrim the seats later for some decent 2 tone leather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd be tempted if they were heated leather, I'm sure they'll be ****** freezing in winter. Also, I built up a reasonable sweat on the test drive today on my back, so maybe leather is not the best choice for me, think I've decided on the sport, it looks the mutts.

The sport is ok if you like a hard ride, the se is much better for real world driving

Sport ride is firm , but having spent many miles driving in a colleagues SE too, I'm over the moon I got the sport.. His SE just wallows and rolls far too much and is frankly not up to scratch on the twisties.. (IMHO, of course!)
The big surprise is despite the softer ride, the SE has noticably more road noise (same tyres fitted). Not sure if this is anything to do with the 18 month age gap (the SE is older) - Did Audi improve the soundproofing?

I wouldnt hesitate to choose the sport.. (don't like SE wood trim either!)

But - trust your own judgement! Its you who will be behind the wheel.. if you really dont care, then you can gain brownie points by letting the Mrs choose..

Nothing puts me off a sale quicker than the stereotypical "hard sell". I've said I'll take the sport if they leave the road angel in and fit a phatbox. The salesman has agreed to pay half for the phatbox, and keeps ringing me up saying he's got another customer comming to view the car. He's lost the sale now, I'm in no rush to get a new car. I'll go back in a week and see if the car is still there and make another offer if I don't find something else in the mean time.

[ QUOTE ]
They're not budging on the SE, but are very keen to get rid of the Sport. The major sticking point for me is the leather and DVD Nav versus the Votex kit and sport cloth seats. I've driven both and must admit that on the test short drives, I hardly noticed the difference between the SE and sport suspension. I'm sure I could get 11800 for my car privately, so price wise they are the same.
On the other hand, do i REALLY need a new car??????

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your present car?

[ QUOTE ]
What is your present car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presently have a silver B6 A4 1.9TDi 130 SE. I love the power and torque of the diesel, but I don't do enough miles to balance the extra costs of a diesel.

Hey Lon...By Sport you mean S-Line I gather??? If you do...I found the S-Line ride too hard but the SE unacceptably non confident in corners. What I did was order (I know not possible for you ) an SE with Sports Suspension and standard 16" wheels. The car turned out to be just perfect. Excellent and sharp turn in with little roll in corners. I rarely get ESP to work even on a wet roundabout in 3rd gear (2.0Tdi). The ride is firmish but in no way uncomfortable.
I wouldn't get the SE one just because I think with that engine you would have too much power for that suspension. Maybe they can fit sports suspension to the SE???

Popped back into the dealer yesterday and guess what, price on the s-line has been dropped to £21995. Thats a £3000 drop. But the salesman won't give me the £11800 for my car now, says he can only offer me £9300??? So in reality the price has only dropped £500. I had another look around the car as it had been prepared for sale - has been valeted and polished. Then noticed that the front wing and bumper and headlight were odd. Looked closer and it had been bumped. Sales guy says that someone bumped it into a pole on the display area, and that it will all be repaired "good as new". I told him it was no good to me now and walked off. How can they damage the car and then only drop the price by £500, and still claim that they need to shift it ASAP? I bet they'd lower the price on my car if it had been accident damaged even if it was fixed "good as new"! They're sharks!