Which lights are on?

SBJ

Reaction score
Having had a few VW/Audis over the years with auto lights, the one thing that has bugged me is knowing which lights the car has decided to put on. Is it 'side lights' (DRL with rears) or headlights? No dedicated dash light and the rotary selector doesn't give any clues when on Auto.

Today I had a loan A3 whilst my A6 had an MMI software update to fix a bluetooth issue and Audi seem to have changed the rotary light selector indicator. Now when the 'side lights' are on the symbol is illuminated and the same for headlights on the rotary switch. A3 has this, why not A6? Perhaps the C8 does, not C7.5.

Its a little touch, so simple and wish the A6 had this, instead I have to guess or get reflection clues!

On the C8 (which has no rotary switch but a touch panel) you get either the side light or head light symbol displayed on the instrument display above the DIS area, depending on what is on. Also (in the UK at least) if you try to drive with side lights or headlights selected then it reverts back to Auto after a short while and that puts the headlights on (assuming it is dark enough)

Reactions: SBJ
Can I hijack this and ask you what Bluetooth problem you had and what software are they upgrading you too ie latest avail or having issues myself with Bluetooth same car!

Can I hijack this and ask you what Bluetooth problem you had and what software are they upgrading you too ie latest avail or having issues myself with Bluetooth same car!

I listen to music via bluetooth (iPhone 8) and occasionally the car doesn't want to play from the source. Phone function works, just not the media element. It is an intermittent thing so mentioned it when my car went in for its first service. They said it needed a software update which was 8Gb and the download failed so they ordered this on an SD card. Apparently the update didn't take too long.

Before software versions:
IMG 4503
IMG 4504

And after the update:
IMG 4511
IMG 4512

I had a quick look though the menus and couldn't see much difference, perhaps its slightly quicker between menus. Will see if the bluetooth is any different.