Which I pod ?

co55ie

Reaction score
Which I pods work with the headunit adapter lead that you can buy from Audi ?

I am thinking of buying one to fit into the car .

Thanks for any advice

any, its the cradle that makes the difference.
if your looking at dension, i think you need 3rd/4th/5th gen
nano's work but you need an adapter

thanks I had a look at the denison site and it was a bit confusing.

I have the audi ipod kit and a 3rd gen. Think it does them all as its just a lead

Not sure which one to buy either the 8 gig Nano or the 80 gig all singing all dancing one.

Gotta be careful when ordering the Dension cradle. I've got the 4th Gen Ipod Photo (first lot that had the colour screen) and as the port on the bottom of the unit is offset, it won't fit into the cradle - had to get the lead only connection.

Might be worthwhile waiting till the new Dension Gateway stuff becomes available. Will offer USB stick connection to the head unit and a glovebox style ipod mount. Other models offer video input as well and the option to keep your CD changer as well as the ipod. Think they are released later on this month / start of Nov.

co55ie said:
Not sure which one to buy either the 8 gig Nano or the 80 gig all singing all dancing one.

I recently went for the 60Gb video which was the biggest at the time. It's nowhere near full but I went for it so that I can watch music videos on it and, when Apple eventually get round to offering it on iTunes UK, I'll get some TV shows too which I expect will take up a considerable amount of space.

I'm really pleased with it so I guess it really depends on how you intend to use your iPod and/or how big your music collection is! But I previously had an iPod Mini and it took no time at all to fill it... very frustrating!!