which Dv is really the best.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps, been messing around under the old bus with DV's and have several different rev item, but, which really is the best performance based DV.
06F 145 710G
or
06H 145 710D

cheers
rob

D is the newer piston type and G was the diaphragm version, are we saying the older one is actually better then.

D is a D no matter what mate. G is the latest version.

The D doesn' allow a full seal and will leak, the cars ecu will compensate for this and you'l not notice.

Now the G seals fully and doesn't leak boost even up to 2 bar.

Fit a G and see what I mean.

Anyone that doesn' believe me either call rtech or Facebook them, they are one of the boost honest and experieced tuners you'll ever find.

I have a C aswell that looks to be nearly new and the seal isn't split, just means getting under the car again and go though the removal again...

I suppose this a valid case then for using a DV relocate with the K03, getting the valve over to the cooler side of the engine may reduce the overall effects of high temps & heat on the diaphragm type DV's , thus lasting longer and maintain a 100% seal.

Gfb dv+ its a fit and forget part. Been running mine for over 2 years now with no problems whatsoever.
Its worth the £99 to know you will never have to blindly undo those ******* screws ever again!

So the Gfb is enhancing the original oem DV's operating function and providing a constant and reliable operation, it's not a performance gaining device as such which many suggest .

Not true mate. Still a chance the gfb is leaking boots like the D.

Also they arnt fit and forget. They need servicing regularly.

Most of the tfsi lads have found this out the hard way and are now switching back to G.

You can't beat a fully working G.

Depends what version you are running now, if you are running one of the ones which are known to leak small amounts of boost anyway rev D i believe, then yes it probably is an upgrade.
I saw it as future proofing, i enjoy driving my car not fixing it every time another known part fails!
But I still swear I've noticed a slight increase in response and it goes better consistently since fitting the new part.

What part needs servicing dani? Theres nothing to service on it.
And ive never heard a single report of one leaking boost from anyone, it doesn't have boots like the oem parts....
2 years and 20,000 miles and its an improvement over the original part so I'll make my own mind up on that!

That's because the D leaks more heavily than the GFB, the GFB will perform better from new but over time they begin to stick and need reagulary servicing and oiling, not only that but they don' hold a full seal quite like the diaphragm on the G.

Sorry to call you out mate, but you are the only person i have ever heard mention any of that. Where do you your info from? I did my research before buying and it was all positive, the only negatives were from people who had never run them!

I've not tried the Gfb but it does appear to address the issues well, but I can also see that the issues my still arise dependant on what Rev DV you have fitted.
From my understanding the main problem with the diaphragm DV is the rubber seal, which is not a problem in itself but due to the location of the DV and the close proximity high temp from the turbo the seal can dry out very quickly , which leads to premature failure.
The heat is less of an issue for the piston based DV compared to the rubber diaphragm.
This would be a lot less likely if the DV was located in a cooler part of the engine bay, so a win , win situation.

Last edited:
All it does is replace the diaphragm, so in my case i had a red c fitted and put the gfb part on that.
Surely wherever you put relocate the dv to the air will still be hot as its come straight from the turbo? I may be wrong though!

For some mad reason I have tree DV's a C, D and G , I have tried the D & G today and cant see any difference in performance or boost to be honest based on a short time period comparison.
I am tempted to just get a Gfb and try it and see if there is any difference in the short term, and use the C rev DV.
I was under the impression it was the heat in general from the turbo and surrounding areas that causes the DV diaphragm to dry out and then leads to splitting, by moving the whole assembly over to the intake manifold area it is not subjected to as much overall heat, well that's my understanding.

As you know Rob I have the Forge recirculating DV. This has an aluminium valve which connects to the turbo which is activated by a solenoid which I will be relocating to the intake manifold side of the engine. You connect the two together via silicone hoses and an extended wiring harness.

This seemed like a good solution to me and should work well with my future tune.

I know not everyone is sold on the Forge DV but I managed to pick mine up for the same price as the GFB.

I've had the GFB one fitted to my car for nearly 3 years now and 30k. To my knowledge I've experienced no fault with it to date. I was under the impression that it was pressure and solenoid controlled?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not at all mate.

Go find the FB tfsi tuning. One of the main tfsi tuners are on there, Rtech, they'e forgot more about the tfsi than us as a collective know.

The page is also full of tfsi owners from all models etc.

Common known fact that people are going back to G as they are just less hassle.

Yes the GFB is good, but there's variants of it now all with there own little quirks not to mention as stated, it' not a fit and forget item like pipke think. It' needs regular servicing.

Some good feedback there chaps , hopefully useful to others aswell, I've now aborted any further mods to my engine , just going to make some adjustments to my PCV and refit the oem airbox setup etc and leave it there, just seems to be a bottomless pit now without any real benefit without heaps of cash going at it.
i'll stick the "G" back on and leave it alone to see how it fairs.

cheers
rob

Good evening all, new to the forum. Just thought I’d throw my 10 pence in. I’ve had the GFB DV for the last 6 months and it seems all good. It eliminated the silly ‘fluttering’ sound when changing gear, now back to a more subtle whistling which I prefer.

Reactions: Sandra