Wheel spacers

Naylor92

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of putting some wheel spacers on the car. I had some ST Suspenions ones on my León Cupra a while back and I think they will fit on the RS3.

However, I don’t know what set ups people have on their RS3’s!? I think these ones are 12.5mm fronts and 15mm rears. Is that suitable for an RS3 with mag ride and the offset tyres?

Cheers,
Sam.

Anyone please?

I ran 8mm ones for a short while, took them off though.
Doubt I’ll bother putting them back on.
It’s one of those things that seems a good idea at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92
It’s one of those things that seems a good idea at the time

Yeah I want to know whether they’ll be okay with the dimensions that I have? 12.5mm front and 15 rears. Obviously the tyres are the offset and it has dynamic pack with mag ride. It would be okay with just standard mag ride and I wouldn’t need to lower the car?

Yeah I want to know whether they’ll be okay with the dimensions that I have? 12.5mm front and 15 rears. Obviously the tyres are the offset and it has dynamic pack with mag ride. It would be okay with just standard mag ride and I wouldn’t need to lower the car?

I had them with wider fronts.
Thought 8mm was about right on the fronts, any more would take the fronts beyond the bodywork which I personally did not like.

My reason for trying them was I had just lowered the car by 10/15mm so the wheels looked ‘sucked in’ if you understand.

I had them with wider fronts.
Thought 8mm was about right on the fronts, any more would take the fronts beyond the bodywork which I personally did not like.

My reason for trying them was I had just lowered the car by 10/15mm so the wheels looked ‘sucked in’ if you understand.

Yeah so 12.5 front and 15 rear should be bang on with standard mag ride?

It’s one of those things that seems a good idea at the time [emoji23

Did they cause vibration or some other problem?

Last edited:
Did they cause vibration or some other problem?

They highlight any wheel balancing imperfections.

There’s also the fact the tyres are further out and grit will get flung up the lower half of the wings / bumper etc.

There’s a school of thought that they can add extra load to the wheel bearings etc but that’s up to the owner to accept or not.

They highlight any wheel balancing imperfections.

There’s also the fact the tyres are further out and grit will get flung up the lower half of the wings / bumper etc.

There’s a school of thought that they can add extra load to the wheel bearings etc but that’s up to the owner to accept or not.

Wild you advise on having the tracking done after having them put on then?

Wild you advise on having the tracking done after having them put on then?

Don’t really see it being an issue, unless you’ve never had a 4 wheel alignment, in which case it’s best to have it checked at least once a year.

Don’t really see it being an issue, unless you’ve never had a 4 wheel alignment, in which case it’s best to have it checked at least once a year.

I might just have mine done for peace of mind with me only having the car around 4-5 weeks.