Wheel size, how big have you gone?

auss1

Reaction score
I am looking to get a set of after market wheels and am interested in what sizes people have gone with. I am pretty confident that 17x8 (or 18x8) will fit but I am not as confident with 17x8.5 (or 18x8.5). Especially interested in what people with kw suspension are running (in case this impacts clearances). Thanks.

Revo offers 18x8.5 ET35 for Audis S1 on their website, so I believe these should fit well.
I think wider wheel requires at least rolling fenders

I'm still on stock suspension but I think switching to KW probably gives you a little more clearance. Anyway, very limited information on the topic. There is another thread in the forum where somebody mentioned fitting a 9J with either et+20 for major poke or +30 to keep the rim under the arch. I think you would need to stretch the tyre to fit that width. I was hoping to go 17x8.5 with a beefier track tyre look but due to very limited choice of compatible PCD/offset combo I ended up buying Ispiri CSR1D 18x8.5 et35

Attachments

• cs1rd-18-Carbon_Graphite_Polished_Lip_qnb7-dw.jpg
    cs1rd-18-Carbon_Graphite_Polished_Lip_qnb7-dw.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 214
Good morning,
i write from Italy,
if it can help, installed some JR 8,5x18 et35 rims with bridgestone tires size 225-35-18, they don't touch anywhere