Wheel Alignment with No Arch Gap

Reaction score
I've been having some difficulty finding somewhere who is able to adjust the alignment of my wheels due to the very limited amount of space between the top of the wheel and the top of the wheel arch. I know for a fact people have lower cars than me!

Questions are:
  • Where do you take yours to have them aligned? (Nottingham, NG9)
  • What equipment did they use (I've been told standard laser alignment kit won't fit/hang off the rear wheels or a reference point)?
  • And how much did it cost you?

I've been having some difficulty finding somewhere who is able to adjust the alignment of my wheels due to the very limited amount of space between the top of the wheel and the top of the wheel arch. I know for a fact people have lower cars than me!

Questions are:
  • Where do you take yours to have them aligned? (Nottingham, NG9)
  • What equipment did they use (I've been told standard laser alignment kit won't fit/hang off the rear wheels or a reference point)?
  • And how much did it cost you?
Hi mate, i had the same issue when i had to get mine done, due it being on coilovers there was no arch gap.

Your correct in saying the standard equipment wont do the job. Try and find someone local to you who has a hunter machine, that will do it without an issue. I paid £80 over in lancashire guessing that was the going rate. Included front alignment and rear camber adjustment too. Good luck

I'm pretty sure my mate took his to graham goodes in leicester

The new Hunter alignment rig has wheel units that fit onto the face of the wheel, not around the tyres.

Found a place that did it using a machine that attached to the edge of the rim as you have described, however apparently there is no adjustment in the camber on the front, so they had to adjust the toe to compensate for it...

I find this hard to believe, given that I've only lowered the car 10mm and it doesn't seem to be a common problem that everyone's alignment is out after lowering. Is the guy confused or is he right?

Lowering the car will give more negative camber, as long as both sides are the same it doesn't matter too much. The downside of negative camber is the inside of the front tyres will wear just a tiny bit quicker.