Wheel alignment help

Sayam

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Replaced the front tyres yesterday and the inner walls were worn really bad so I went to Kwik Fit for a hunter alignment and here are the results.

Essentially I can't work out what I've paid for because the stuff in red before is still in red after.

Car is S-line but lowered on eibach pro-kit springs. I have OE dampers.

IMG_4925.jpg

I thought this was due to having no camber adjustment on the front? I may wrong though!

Wishbone front and rear bushes and ball joints were replaced pre-emptively with genuine parts around 10,000 miles ago...

You can' t adjust the caster or camber, thats why they are still out. May have had an incident with the kerb in it's past or subframe mountings loose.
The toe in is now within limits so they must have got that bit right.

What adjustments are on your receipt? As they charge for the front toe adjust then anything else is charged extra.

What adjustments are on your receipt? As they charge for the front toe adjust then anything else is charged extra.

They've charged 44.99 for whatever adjustment they made to the front.

The rear they didn't charge for...

I stay well clear of Kwik Fit. I have used Ladyroyd Garage in Bradford for alignment in the past. They use Bosch system not hunter and they do a good job.

Reactions: Sayam
I had mine done at kwik fit on legrams lane bradford once as they have hunter equipment. However they are geared towards getting the customer out as quick as possible and only really care about the toe in/out.
I usually go to all car tyres in Huddersfield as they have hunter equipment and do spend time on it.
You won't however get the font camber correct when lowered as there is no oem adjustment. Also if the cars had a previous front impact and knocked the caster out, you'll have a hard time getting that back. It won't affect the tyres though

Reactions: Sayam
I think I need to get a refund and go back All car tyre in hudds, I usually use them but kwik fit was closer thats all ... lesson learned!

Thanks lads

Any update? Thinking of putting eibach pro-kit springs on mine but dont want any trouble with alignment.

Any update? Thinking of putting eibach pro-kit springs on mine but dont want any trouble with alignment.

You'll be fine if you go to a decent place.

Basically the outcome is that kwik fit haven't got the b4lls to move the subframe whereas the more experienced alignment technician at All car tyre and exhaust in huddersfield has.

I can't find it but the last time he did my alignment it was all green.

I've made complaint to kwik fit to ask for a refund and I'm gonna take it back to All car.

Well to be fair to them, they've not charged for anything they haven't done, however they should have pointed out before they adjusted anything that they weren't going to be able to do it. I'm quite lucky as I'm very friendly with the manager at my local Kwik Fit who will let me use their hunter and do the work myself.

Use www.alignmycar.co.uk for the nearest trusted hunter machine

That's what I did and had used Allcar ever since until Kwik Fit this time lol. Live and learn...

Well to be fair to them, they've not charged for anything they haven't done, however they should have pointed out before they adjusted anything that they weren't going to be able to do it. I'm quite lucky as I'm very friendly with the manager at my local Kwik Fit who will let me use their hunter and do the work myself.

That's handy lol!

Same reason they didn't charge me for the rear adjustment, because he did it before they told me how much it costs.