Wheel alignment assistance

Silvermane

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just had some new front tyres put on my 2016 (MY17) S3.
The existing ones had been wearing out very unevenly as the previous owner for whatever reason had put positive camber on the fronts...
Car understeered like crazy and I didn't like it at all but given that the uneven wear pattern had already set in when I bought it, I just thought of riding it out and just getting it looked at when I swapped tyres.

When I asked to put slight negative camber instead, the guys at the tyreshop said that this was not possible on my S3... which I thought was very puzzling. They said they were just going to align it flat instead which is ok enough for me. After getting it back the car turned it a lot better, understeer is as good as gone, but I can't help wondering if that's just because of the new tyres still being new and even and not due to a proper alignment.
If they start wearing out incorrectly again and start showing that there is still positive camber, I will have wasted the money on the current wheel alignment and getting them to admit their mistake and correct it for free will prove difficult several months down the track.

That's why I'm attaching the wheel alignment report in hopes that someone can shed some light on what they have done and if they've done it correctly. I am totally illiterate when it comes to a report like this so any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20220706_102222.jpg
    20220706_102222.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 287