What to do for shade, gazebo?

mattmanwrx

Used to have a wrx. Now an S4
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As we all know you shouldn't polish or wax in direct sunlight, and washing can be a problem on bright sunny days.

Was thinking of getting a gazebo for the sunny days, and went into halfords and they have one for £50 (down from £75), which I think isn't a bad price.

You guys use them or have any other options?

Matt

Reactions: Bandicoot51
I just wait for the sun to go round the other side of the house or wait for dull days @mattmanwrx but I realise that isn't possible for everyone.

I think a Gazebo would work. Sometimes Aldi or Lidl have them on special offer. Maybe worth a look if there is one close by?

My friend did mention lidl last night actually, he saw them for £40. I think for the £10 price difference, I might just go to halfords, as I saw it up, know what I'm buying, and, most importantly, my car will fit under it.

Can also use it for when I'm doing the interior (cabriolet, roof down) on hot and rainy days.

Yeah, I would wait for the full days, but with work, I only get 1 day to wash my car, and it's a black car so needs attention more than other colours.

Might go buy it now, as halfords is close by, the sun is out, and I just got some polish to use!!

Reactions: scotty76
Mine's black too. Had planned to wash it but no chance, it's full sun at the moment. Oh well, I'll be forced to sup cold beers in the garden later instead. :D

Reactions: xpoweruk, mattmanwrx and Keef
My fear of gazebos... they move if it's the slightest bit windy!!! - You don't want them scratching your motor!

Reactions: steeve
Exactly! I would avoid gazebos for that exact reason, you can really cause alot of damage to your car if the wind catches the gazebo!

I did buy, and used to wash 2 different cars over the weekend. It was windy on both days, but not enough to move the gazebo. I can also anchor the gazebo to my surrounds, i.e. strap to my wall to stop it moving.

Reactions: scotty76 and Sandra
I know a few mobile detailer a that have gazebos and they can work in all weather.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
I hire the neighbours wife!!!

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound
Be wary of cleaning/detailing your car outside/in the wind as dust can appear in seconds.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Good shout. I have no other place to clean or detail car unfortunately, but that is good advice from you there!