What model thermostat for 8P S3?

Kiwi79

Reaction score
Called a well know Audi garage in Reading to get a quote to replace thermostat - it had previously been diagnosed as needing doing by the guys at the Phirm. They are a bit too far out for me to go though so looking local.

Lady on the phone said they couldn't quote as they didn't know which thermostat it would be. I did give her my reg, surely they can check from that or is there some variation on an 8P 3S Sportback??

Yea they can think trying to have you over.
Called a well know Audi garage in Reading to get a quote to replace thermostat - it had previously been diagnosed as needing doing by the guys at the Phirm. They are a bit too far out for me to go though so looking local.

Lady on the phone said they couldn't quote as they didn't know which thermostat it would be. I did give her my reg, surely they can check from that or is there some variation on an 8P 3S Sportback??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Audi typically won’t provide certain part numbers over the phone. You’ll need to book a tech/diagnostic session...

If you have Facebook Messenger then contact mjr901 (VAG main dealer parts guy) who should be able to help.

Reactions: leonwilliams
Yeah they book you in skank your cash off you for 5 mins work. Charge you an hour's Labour
Audi typically won’t provide certain part numbers over the phone. You’ll need to book a tech/diagnostic session...

If you have Facebook Messenger then contact mjr901 (VAG main dealer parts guy) who should be able to help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thermostat is a pig of a job, there is a guide on youtube