1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What I don’t like about my A3

AudiA3Newbie Oct 4, 2020

1. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

I’m just trying to keep this to what I “DONT” like about my A3. Maybe someone will start a thread about what they “DO” like later.

For me:

1). How you have to press the heater switch LOOOOOOOOOOADS of times to go from hot to cold.

2). The old style iPod control (I like spiny knobs).

3). No boot release apart from on the key (it’s keyless so my key will prob be in my pocket so if I wanted to open the boot for anyone on the outside, I’d have to take my key out and press the boot release button.

4). How I can’t turn the middle dash display off at night.

5). How un-user friendly & complicated & distracting it is to change radio channels.

anyone else?

NevMan likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Can you use voice commands to change radio channels ?

4. VWNCC

VWNCC Registered User

For 3), isn't there a switch/toggle near the front bottom of the driver's door?

5. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

No. As I have the keyless ignition it doesn’t have one. Crazy.

6. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

:shrug: Not sure.

7. VWNCC

VWNCC Registered User

Weird...I see a button to release the trunk in this video... at 8:35 for the sportback and at 21:25 for the saloon.

8. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

No. Not got that. The red one is the S3 though. Maybe the S3 has it but the S Line certainly doesn’t. Maybe if I pull off the door panel the wiring will be there and I can fit a switch.

NevMan likes this.
  9. tb123

tb123 Member

Do the steering wheel buttons or next/back buttons on the iPod volume control not change stations?

AdamInKent likes this.
  10. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

yes but I mean in the display, it’s very fiddly to choose channels and not very well set out in my opinion. I might just be fussy.

11. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

You get the button if you spec advanced key and powered tailgate - Not sure it's an option on the S-Line though

3] You can obviously unlock the doors with the button on the drivers door which will unlock the boot and they can then open the boot themselves, you don't have to open it for them unless their hands are full of course

AdamInKent likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. AdamInKent

AdamInKent Member

1. How much of a change of temperature are you wanting to make?! I have auto-air con in my Golf (the Audi is on order) and never change it by more than a few degrees at most.

4. Are you sure that there is not an option for this in the settings?

14. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

It’s just a faff changing it from hot to cold or vice versa. So many clicks.

Re the display: If it’s there, it’s not straight forward. I’ve had a couple of cars where there is an actual dedicated button to turn it off. This would be so much easier. There is a setting in the menu where you can turn it off to clean it but it’s a few clicks through the settings and not suitable to find it when driving.

15. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Can you make shortcuts on the touchscreen for this type of thing

They've removed the Hill Hold Button and my friend says it's in the MMI system, which is a pain as I always switch it off when I put the car in the garage as I like the car to creep forward just holding it on the brake - If the hold assist comes on you have to touch the accelerator which when you're just at the final point of getting it in right is annoying - I then switch it back on before I turn the engine off - I'm hoping you might be able to make a shortcut or voice control it

16. VWNCC

VWNCC Registered User

Is it possible to hold the toggle down or up to change let it automatically decrease or increase the temperature instead of doing numerous click?

AdamInKent likes this.
  17. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

It does. Slowly though. I’m just used to twiddly knobs.

18. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

Update:
    Just found out you can turn the screen off by pressing the top bar with the icons. Then click the top right button. RESULT!

Attached Files:

AdamInKent likes this.
  19. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

This button turns the screen off but leaves the radio on so good at night if you want a bit of darkness.

Attached Files:

NevMan and AdamInKent like this.
  20. VWNCC

VWNCC Registered User

Same here...I much prefer the current gen vents (not for the looks but the ease of use, especially with the telescoping vents) and the temperature dial.