What Audi do with new launch cars after use.

Lewbo

Reaction score
Went to my local audi parts today and I know them quite well now after going in there quite a few times over past few years, anyways was speaking to guy there today and he was telling me he went to new audi R8 launch few weeks ago and the new S3 was there.

he showed me a few photos and it looked amazing in red, I asked if he went out in it and no one was allowed. Then what he told me next was shocking after that day it was then CRUSHED. Couldn't believe it brand new and crushed and they do this all the time.

At the Q3 launch there were 70 and they all got crushed and even the R8's, they can't be sold as they don't have any chassis numbers ect I was just thinking what a waste and just shows how little they are to make or how much Audi make.

Went to my local audi parts today and I know them quite well now after going in there quite a few times over past few years, anyways was speaking to guy there today and he was telling me he went to new audi R8 launch few weeks ago and the new S3 was there.

he showed me a few photos and it looked amazing in red, I asked if he went out in it and no one was allowed. Then what he told me next was shocking after that day it was then CRUSHED. Couldn't believe it brand new and crushed and they do this all the time.

At the Q3 launch there were 70 and they all got crushed and even the R8's, they can't be sold as they don't have any chassis numbers ect I was just thinking what a waste and just shows how little they are to make or how much Audi make.

Whatever Audi gets charged to crush them, i'll do it for 99% less. I'll even print a certificate of disposal using Word.
Might give 'em a ring.

So what if it doesnt have any chassis numbers. Cant they not put it on? Whats to stop them since they made it.

I wonder what would happen if somebody stole it.

Unless they are just thrown together for parading purposes and arent road fit.

Reactions: oldlaw
That's crazy.. You'd think they'd at least strip them for parts first even they're not road worthy.

Launch cars are mostly pre-production cars, with pre-production components on board. As for the software loaded on the ECUs.......

two beautiful R8 ecu's just being destroyed... breaks my heart.

Launch cars are mostly pre-production cars, with pre-production components on board. As for the software loaded on the ECUs.......

Exactly this, and the cost of crushing the cars after the launches is peanuts compared to the money they make from selling the thousands of cars going forward.

Too bad they can't be repurposed as track cars. :thumbdown:

when i was an apprentice i trained at Volkswagen east midlands center which was also home to BMW and they had brand new m5's and m3's in there which were pre production with everything you could imagine on them, and they were used to train apprentices on. So they drove an astra into the side of one just to simulate an accident.

What a waste :puke2:
You would think they would put them into a museum like Mercedes Brooklands or something.