What are the standard wheel bolt specs? Please help

Benji grey

Reaction score
Does anyone know the standard wheel bolt spec, are they tapper or ball style and what is the length of the bolt! Wanna change my wheels ASAP but not sure if I need new bolts

They look like this, from memory the threaded length is 27mm :-

Reactions: Simon L
Does anyone know the standard wheel bolt spec, are they tapper or ball style and what is the length of the bolt! Wanna change my wheels ASAP but not sure if I need new bolts

STD Audi wheels use 'ball type' seats; DO NOT use 'taper' seated bolts on STD Audi 'ball-seat' wheels; you can at your own risk of course and some do...

They look like this, from memory the threaded length is 27mm :-
View attachment 90568

Thank you guys, I have order some tapper for my new wheel now, thanks for the help, demon tweets said there 28mm starndard for reference does that sound about right?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thank you guys, I have order some tapper for my new wheel now, thanks for the help, demon tweets said there 28mm starndard for reference does that sound about right?

Length wise yes, I take it your new wheel required the taper seats ? What have you gone for any pics of the new wheel ?

Length wise yes, I take it your new wheel required the taper seats ? What have you gone for any pics of the new wheel ?

Yeah my new wheels are tapper I've gone for some team dynamic pro race 1.2 wheels, I'll put a pic on once they are one

Reactions: Rob2k68