Well the next A4 is being ruined with electrification

veltror

Reaction score
Reactions: Terminator x, Painman1963 and Booboo
You can kiss good buy to the golf a some point in the next few years as well, they have already stopped shipping it to the states. I cannot see VW ploughing money into engine development to meet the next EURO 7 emission requirements due in 2025. So say hello to the ID3.

Where are the masses going to charge their EV’s ? Nobody is addressing this infrastructure conundrum . The odd EV station here or there , that’s it . I live in a spa town where 50% of parking is on street .. there are about 10 EV charging points in the town of 130k people (According to zap)).. and half of those are hotel chargers only for guests …

I'm not bothered at all - would love to own a competent EV estate, none on the market yet. Hoping the infrastructure is in the right place to support it in 3(ish) years time when i chop my current car.

Reactions: Exx-on
Where are the masses going to charge their EV’s ? Nobody is addressing this infrastructure conundrum . The odd EV station here or there , that’s it . I live in a spa town where 50% of parking is on street .. there are about 10 EV charging points in the town of 130k people (According to zap)).. and half of those are hotel chargers only for guests …
Who knows, my car is parked on the road and I have no means to charge at home.

electric isn’t the future.

I was actually fairly excited about the press release, depends on perspective I would buy a PHEV RS4 as I can enjoy the engine when on an A road but crawl on zero emissions in a traffic jam and live with the fuel consumption as majority of commute can be done on electric, thats my perspective on cars, its an unpopular view but that's why I bought a S4 I was happy with the diesel compromise to have a fast car that would deliver good MPG when I have to do hundreds of motorway miles.

They could have gone fully electric and they have elected to keep combustion but use Electrification to meet emission standards, it has meant they are going to euro 7 the EA888 so chances that other VAG cars will get similar options to keep some combustion and AMG have already made the same decision but made it petrol fast and sport orientated.

Reactions: Exx-on and Painman1963
Where do you charge if you live in a Tower Block “sorry” Apartment and no facility in the little car park. Neighbourhood war coming soon near you

A spec of light is that Porsche are developing synthetic fuel which could result in a change of heart for petrol imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Who knows, my car is parked on the road and I have no means to charge at home.

electric isn’t the future.
There are cars charging on the street side in London. It looks quite "agricultural" though with thick black cables trailing all over the place.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Electric motors might be the future but I don't believe batteries are, everything about them at the moment seems poor: charge time, charging infrastructure, range, weight, cost, re-usability/re-cycling at end of life, resources to manufacture, etc. Plus who wants a second-hand 3-5 year old EV?

Sure some of these things will improve with time, but people who are early adopters of EVs are the voluntary guinea pigs.

Makes me want to hold back on making any new vehicle decisions for a few years, especially as my mileage has dropped, and I can't think of any other vehicle which would be any better for me than what I have now.

Reactions: Exx-on
Love EV’s.

Try one and you will be converted.

Charging infrastructure will slowly develop. A lot of EV owners have a podpoint on their drive.

Im sure when cars came out people would be on their horses wondering how those people are going to feed their vehicles with something harder to find than hay.

Love EV’s.

Try one and you will be converted.

Charging infrastructure will slowly develop. A lot of EV owners have a podpoint on their drive.

Im sure when cars came out people would be on their horses wondering how those people are going to feed their vehicles with something harder to find than hay.
Ands lots and lots of car owners don't have drives, especially in the bigger cities.

Reactions: SiPie
Hard for us ‘on a car forum’ to take, but EV v’s petrol/diesel debate will soon be irrelevant when the whole idea of car ownership becomes laughable anyway. We will be calling our autonomous vertical take off Uber taxis whenever we need to leave our home living pods. It’ll play our favourite films, hit us with tailored advertising and will be conveniently stocked with our favourite foods tailored perfectly to our individual dietary requirements.
Until then, EV range anxiety/home charging will become a thing of the past when your local garage will have a stack of ‘one size fits any car’ pre-charged batteries….that you simply swap out your depleted battery for, leaving the garage to re-charge in return for your monthly battery rental. Just as quick as filling up with petrol.
Anyway, away out for a drive whilst I still can