Well that's disappointing, or fishy

WeeDram

Reaction score
I had a confirmed BW of 50/2014 with arrival in port Dec 29th. I followed the car on Audi's tracker website and the progress matched those dates. The port's website confirmed the ship from Emden arrived on the 29th. A local guy even posted a photo of the unloaded Audis on his blog.

Apparently my car isn't one of them.

Now they're telling me it will arrive on Jan 26th. Argghh!! I contacted Audi Customer Relations to see what they have to say about it. :(

that does sound fishy, but whats Audis tracker website ???

Maybe the ship sank. Then your car really would be fishy!

Reactions: danilotto, DommyR and WeeDram
Might have been damaged in transit, you would be surprised how many do
So it may be in for repair

That's true, and you would never know if or what happened.

If you have a paint thickness gauge. You can monitor it for variations in paint thickness. If there is a massive variation in thickness. Normally more. It would indicate a higher level of fishness...

that does sound fishy, but whats Audis tracker website ???

http://myauditracker.ca - only for Canadian customers, it unlocks in stages as the car progresses from parts assembly to paint shop to final assembly, with videos and marketing hoopla to describe each stage. Once it leaves Emden it tracks the ocean voyage using a ship tracker.

It did sail through a storm (see my post "Hope it was strapped down") so maybe it was damaged after all.

when I was tracking my car, it took almost 2 weeks for it to be loaded onto a ship and missed the ship it was supposed to be on....

http://myauditracker.ca - only for Canadian customers, it unlocks in stages as the car progresses from parts assembly to paint shop to final assembly, with videos and marketing hoopla to describe each stage. Once it leaves Emden it tracks the ocean voyage using a ship tracker.

It did sail through a storm (see my post "Hope it was strapped down") so maybe it was damaged after all.

If Audi UK are reading this... Bring us an online order tracker!! This looks so good, about time we had it too. Would at least save the dealers the hassle of having to ignore the daily requests for order updates from impatient customers! ;)

^ VW do an online tracker.

It's hopeless. As are most of the other manufacturers online trackers! It mis-reports where your car is in the build!

Besides which, you'd only be checking it every 30 minutes, and your car won't actually come any quicker!

^ VW do an online tracker.

It's hopeless. As are most of the other manufacturers online trackers! It mis-reports where your car is in the build!

Besides which, you'd only be checking it every 30 minutes, and your car won't actually come any quicker!

I agree with this as my new company car was showing BW3 for delivery March 1st but has now jumped to unallocated??! :think:

Dealer has quoted revised delivery April 29th but thats obviously a guess from them.

Audi Canada confirmed that the Tracker "has its problems". It's a shame since it builds excitement, only to let you down when you find out it's being delivered a month later than you think. They do have a VIN this time which I guess is a good sign. Landing in port a week today!

It was delayed an extra week by bad weather, but my S3 arrived and is now sitting in our garage!! Amusingly, the Tracker reset itself several times so it appeared to make 4 trips across the Atlantic. No wonder they charge $2000 for shipping lol

Reactions: Rob2k68