Facelift Way To Change Default Radio Station Type!

eugegall

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just got my Facelift S3 with virtual cockpit.

Every time I get into the car, the radio presets are FM/DAB.

Is there a way to make sure it always only shows my Favourites first?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have just got my Facelift S3 with virtual cockpit.

Every time I get into the car, the radio presets are FM/DAB.

Is there a way to make sure it always only shows my Favourites first?

Thanks in advance.
There 100% is, I’m not near the car at the moment though to double check.

I think if you are on radio, push the mmi wheel towards the left, that’ll then open the sub menu and you can select the source from there be it Favourites, dab, fm etc

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Having just double checked, can confirm the above is spot on.

There 100% is, I’m not near the car at the moment though to double check.

I think if you are on radio, push the mmi wheel towards the left, that’ll then open the sub menu and you can select the source from there be it Favourites, dab, fm etc
You're right that menu is there but the problem im having is when I select Favourites and turn the engine off and turn it back on, it automatically goes to the other menu, FM/DAB one.

It doesn't remember that I was on the favourites.

You're right that menu is there but the problem im having is when I select Favourites and turn the engine off and turn it back on, it automatically goes to the other menu, FM/DAB one.

When you click on favourites I think you can then go to a further sub menu and save?

I’m in the office at the moment so can’t check but do remember having the same issue to begin with.

When you click on favourites I think you can then go to a further sub menu and save?

I’m in the office at the moment so can’t check but do remember having the same issue to begin with.

Once you've got some stations favourited you should just need to go to the menu you mentioned originally and choose favourites. It should then be on that next time you get in, if it's forgetting for the OP then there could be some minor gremlin making it revert back to the station listing.

Sorry to jump on the end of this thread, but I was searching for an answer to my question when i cam across this.

I did this tonight, usually have BBC radio 1 and Capital as DAB stationed in my favorites.

Tonight after turning my FL A3 on no sound would play, when i clicked to check my DAB stations, it appeared that the DAB option has disappeared.

I can only listen to AM or FM.

Anyone got any idea why DAB might have disappeared and more importantly how do i get it back??

Sorry to jump on the end of this thread, but I was searching for an answer to my question when i cam across this.

I did this tonight, usually have BBC radio 1 and Capital as DAB stationed in my favorites.

Tonight after turning my FL A3 on no sound would play, when i clicked to check my DAB stations, it appeared that the DAB option has disappeared.

I can only listen to AM or FM.

Anyone got any idea why DAB might have disappeared and more importantly how do i get it back??
I had this fault with PFL S3 back in October/November time last year.

I usually have either Radio 2 or DAB station selected. Got the car out one day and tried to switch from Radio 2 to DAB and it wasn't having any of it. Tried all sorts including MMI reset several times and trying again a while later. In the end, as I was close to my local dealer, I popped in to have them book it in for a once over. Whilst I was there, a senior tech came out to my car to take a look and agreed that DAB was nowhere to be seen. When I mentioned that I had done the three-fingered MMI reset procedure, he said something along the lines of "How do you know about that!! What else have you messed up?" I told him it was all common knowledge and that I've been around Audis long enough to know what I'm doing (mostly). Anyway, he said that he had seen the problem before on A4s and A5s but not on an A3/S3.

Anyway, the car was booked in for a software reload in the hope that this would fix the problem. No such luck. It required a new 5F (I think) unit and they were on backorder. The car eventually went for the work to done which took 2 days as the part wasn't actually at the dealers when they said it was.

Eventually got the car back with a working DAB radio again. I asked the service desk guy how much it would have cost me and after a quick look at the computer he said "Put it this way, the unit that was replaced is priced at just over £2000 plus VAT!"

The really good news is that my car was 3 years old last August and as I intended to keep it for at least another year, I bought the extended warranty from Audi for £433 (under 15000 miles and no excess). Therefore the fix was done at zero cost to me.

Sorry for the long tale.

This happens for me too, very annoying!

I have tried resetting the MMI, selecting Favourites from the VC, deleting and re-storing the stations. Still defaults back to the main station list every time the ignition is turned off.

Interestingly, if I turn off the ignition in Media then it does remember Radio Favourites...

Must be a bug, can’t be bothered to take it in though, so will wait until the first service.

Did the original poster resolve this?
I have the same problem.
When I start up my radio shows FM/DAB, I then have to select menu, and select favourites.
I want to start the car and radio favourites are displayed without having to make selections - should I be able to do this / do you think mine is playing up / am I being a tool and missing something obvious?
2018 S3 with VC

Thanks

This happens for me too, very annoying!

I have tried resetting the MMI, selecting Favourites from the VC, deleting and re-storing the stations. Still defaults back to the main station list every time the ignition is turned off.

Interestingly, if I turn off the ignition in Media then it does remember Radio Favourites...

Must be a bug, can’t be bothered to take it in though, so will wait until the first service.

Mine does exactly the same as this, real annoying!!

Mine has been set on favourites since I programmed the favourites in, starts up in favourites every time.

Mine has been set on favourites since I programmed the favourites in, starts up in favourites every time.

Mine did in the S3 too, no issues... but the RS3 is annoying.

Select favourites and then shut the car off while it’s set to Media, it will be still on favourites when you go back to Radio. Leave it on radio when you key off, it will go back to the main menu.