warning light

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Drove to work this morn and got a beep and a low oil warning light on the LCD on my S3 this morn.

Stuck some oil in it on the way and its been fine,...

however on the way home it beeped again, this time had a bizzare warning (amber) didnt know what it was so took it easy and checkd the manual when i got home.

Says its break light bulb, fuse or wireing but i have checkd the fuse and bulbs and its working fine.. any ideas? is it related to the oil warning in the morning? or coincidence.

Ta dudes

Its a bit of a long-shot, but ive recently had a funny electrical problem on my S3.

The oil sensor light kept randomly coming on on the DIS sometimes wouldn't do it for ages then it'd just happen, also kept blowing the reversing light fuse and this would make the fuel gage go mad!

Turns out it was the 3 or 4 (cant remember) wires that go to the oil sensor on the bottom of the sump, they had been rubbing as the suspension moved up and down over bumps etc and had eventually cut through the wires!

So i just unplugged the connector on the sensor and soldered some new wires onto it and on to where they go at the top of the engine bay (did it properly - not bodging it as im an electrician!!) and its all fine now

Might be something totally different but it sounded similar as it was to do with the oil sensor / oil level.

Cheers
Ash

funny you should say that, i did scrape the sump over rough ground last week, maybe i clipped that? howerver oil wise, on checking the dipstick it was empty.. and filling up with oil turned off the warning

its the break light warning thats bizzare?!

I hate electrical problems on cars! you just dont know where to start and the way cars are wired these days its a nightmare!

Good luck with it though mate :icon_thumright:

ha, my thoughts exactly. though the wireing diagrams in the hayes manuals have got me out of a few scrapes.

update - the center boot break light works but the left and right cluster breaklights dont, ill check the bulbs later but whats the likely hood of them both being blown and the center still working?

Any ideas would help

mordz said:
ha, my thoughts exactly. though the wireing diagrams in the hayes manuals have got me out of a few scrapes.

update - the center boot break light works but the left and right cluster breaklights dont, ill check the bulbs later but whats the likely hood of them both being blown and the center still working?

Any ideas would help

Unlikely, but possible! Theyre a **** to get at aswell on the S3, maybe you have some water in there?