warning light wont go out???

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
So i did an oil change in my car and and changed the filter as the oil light came on yesterday because it was low and now even though after the oil change and the oil being at the correct level the warning light still isnt going off!

any ideas?

ive got the 8l a3 and this happens to mine some times but everytime the light comes on i just open the bonnet and then close it and it goes away. hope this helps.

Any chance you can get the car on vagcom, it could be a faulty sensor, have you checked the dispstick and made sure there is enough/not too much oil in there now??

How much did you fill after the oil change??

Yeah I'm hoping to get it on the vag cam tomorrow! I put in about 4L after the oil change
and it seems to be at an ok level, not low and not over filled!
I'm thinkin maybe the sensor is gone but I don't want to bring it incase
something goes wrong!

OK cool. VAG it and let us know how you get on dude.....

Not sure if your car has it but maybe a faulty oil level sensor?

Sensor might be confused and is givin a false reading hence the low oil waring light.

yea it can be done, will give you lots of different bits of info...

how do i get into the menu? do i need the VAGCOM? im just off the phone with the machanic, he reckons that the audi a3 has common faults with the oil sensor wiring and it could be just a fault in the sensor and he thinks it will be fine to drive it, ( he asked me to drive it to his today to get checked ) and im thinking well for a machanic to be confident in telling me to drive it i shouldnt worry right?

theres no excess noise from the engine and it seems to be taking over and sounds perfect, the oil level is right on target and the only main problem is the oil light level thing wont go off!

ok so im just back from the machanic there and he put the car on a computer to check for faults and he cant find any, i explained what happened and he reckons that its just a faulty oil sensor that needs replaced or maybe my sensor is jammed. so im going now to drain the oil out, take off the sensor and givin it a check over and a good clean. they put the oil back in again. if that fails the first thing ill buy is a new sensor as that seems to be the main cause of the light being on.

as i said the machanic told me that aslong as its not the red light i have nothing to worry about and that he seems to think that its just the sensor away as he checked over the car and its running 100%.