Wallnut trim change

mjhamilton

Broooom Brooom Brooom!!
Reaction score
I have a 98 SE with the nice old man wallnut trim.. i want to change it for the ali or carbon trim... 1 part per door.. tip lever trim... one strip on dash and ashtray...

anyone managed to do this??.. is it even possible to separate the trim from the door cards and other panels without major damage or heartache??

this is really easy, i went from metal look trim to walnut so i must be getting old!!

Basically just get a flat head screw driver and leaver them off, it really could not be simpler

Thanks.. don't suppose you have the old trim kicking around... mine is a 97/98 Sedan

actually... scratch that... I can see you got a 55 plate... guess this stuff will be no good

cool, u know u can get film to put over them in alu/carbon design, may be a cheaper/easier option if u can get them off.

That is a good idea..... guess I will experiment with a single piece to see how pro it looks... don't wanna turn my trusty A6 into a boy racer mobil....

mjhamilton said:
That is a good idea..... guess I will experiment with a single piece to see how pro it looks... don't wanna turn my trusty A6 into a boy racer mobil....

I know what u mean, belive it or not, i haven't touched the inside of mine yet! still the old man wood n brown n cream interior!
Just with a pumpin 2kw stereo! lol

.. I don't have enough posts to trade yet but this I guess is one more....

If there is anyone out there who fancies a change from carbon/metal/alu to wood in a 97/98 A6 C5 then let me know... maybe we could do a straight swap.. worth asking I suppose..