Voice Activation disabled in Cabriolet

Not sure where else I could have posted this as it is somewhat off topic, but is connected to the additional question in my post abouve about the SDS!

Thanks Bill S.
The in- car microphone seems to be poor at speed as I am not able to have a telephone conversation when moving with the roof down at all.
I wonder if there are some settings which can be changed to reduce the sensitivity of the in car microphone when the roof is down??!
Thanks,
G.

I have discovered (from viewing other posts here and elsewhere!) how to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone in the car to reduce the effect of wind noise - it only is available when in a call (i.e. the microphone is in use - even just having a call to the voicemail service is sufficient).
Press the "right" button to the side of the Multi-Function wheel while the call is in progress and "End Call" is selected, and then on the new menu, scroll down to "Microphone Sensitivity".
A selection wheel is then available on the display with 5 (or perhaps 7) settings.
I have reduced the level on mine to minimum, and with the roof down (travelling "topless") the person at the other end of the call can hear me over the wind noise reasonably well up to about 60 MPH, and their voice is not cut off by the wind noise triggering the microphone.

Hope that this is of some use to someone.......

G.

Bill S.,
Sorry to nag, but pre the Carista fix, did pushing the speech button display a warning message?

"The speech dialogue system is not fitted"

appears on mine when I press the button...... So Carista may not have anything to enable after all!

Thanks

G

G,

“Mine said speech recognition is not active” but most A3s seem to have the module.
My car is premium plus Quattro with some other options.

May depend on equiptment.

Bill S.

I love my voice activation, use it all the time and would be frankly p!ssed if I had a cabriolet and couldn’t use it.

I contacted Carissa Support ( they are great) about Voice activation on A3.

It is located: Instruments/Display/Dings called Speach dialog system/ SDS

They also they have implemented a microphone sensitivity customization called Microphone sensitivity under category Other.

Hope this helps,

Bill S.

Reactions: gringosteve
I'm resurrecting this thread as have recently bought an 8v 2019 A3 S-line Cab with virtual cockpit and MMI plus. When I press the talk button on the steering wheel it says something like not activated or not installed. Is this thread still relevant to it not being installed in the cabriolet, or have things moved on since and I can get it set up without invalidating my approved used warranty?

It's odd as I can reply to a whatsapp via the MMI using voice when connected to the smartphone interface.