Very Odd Paintwork Problem

glospete

Reaction score
When I bought my TT in May 2013 there was a strange problem with the paintwork just on the lip of the rear wheel arch. It seemed as though the Ibis white paint had been applied on top of underseal as whenI washed it the white paint was peeling off.

IMG 0089

Audi accepted that it was a fault and it was rectified.

In August 2014 I bought my A3 in Glacier white and there was a similar problem with the rear wheel arch! This time it didn't look as though the area had been painted at all. I mentioned it to Audi when it was in for a service and again it was accepted as a fault and I had to leave it with them for a week to rectify. This is where it becomes bizarre. Instead of just painting the lip of the rear wheel arch the whole of the rear valance was replaced - and yes they hadn't painted the lip! Back it went to be painted and now it's perfect but quite why Audi UK authorised a new valance when it was a simple paint job I have no idea. And yet how many times have Audi UK refused to do warranty jobs but in this case they went way overboard! Anyway now it's fixed!

IMG 1809

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I had it on my 63 plate Glacier White A3, got worse as ownership went on.

I am keeping an eye out for it on the S3. I am surprised they paid out because it is inside the arch, if it were to spread to the outside then I would expect them to.

Reactions: Audi Bairn