Very odd clutch noises... Audi aware??

Gussy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My a3 TDI 1.9 diesel sportback has been making odd noises for atleast a year now. The 'loose, Grundy' noise is apparently t when in neutral, gets worse when depress clutch and totally disappears with clutch fully down. If release I neutral it makes same noise on the way back up.

Ranf audi 4 months ago and apparently the 1.9 TDI are known to have an odd noise?

Mines getting worse noe and if clutch held mid way down in neutral its quite noisy and Grindy. Car just hit 100k always serviced and gear changes are perfect.

Any ideas guys? Had a half hour search on this prior but nothing quite the same?

Apologies for spelling mistakes (on phone). First quote should of said 'loose, grindy'

Probably wants a dual mass flywheel :)

So clutch to be done at the same time as gearbox is all off.

Whats your engine code + year of car? I'll have a look see for a part number

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bud yeah that's what I've been told. How long can they go before ruining everything?

Engine code is BKC

Ma05ocy

Hey bud yeah that's what I've been told. How long can they go before ruining everything? Engine code is BKCMa05ocy

Your car could either have Sachs/or LUK clutch and DMF.Usually has to be ripped out first to see what you have. However, I've taken an educated guess at it being a LUK set up.

So heres the bits you need:

03L105266E - FLYWHEEL £396.09+ VAT

N90665001 - FLYWHEEL BOLTS (6) - £16.56 + VAT

03L141015PX - CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE £196.57+ VAT

N90725501 - CLUTCH BOLTS (9) £6.30+ VAT

02A141165M - RELEASE BEARING £33.16+ VAT

02J141719C - CLUTCH LEVER £8.86+ VAT

02A141180A - GUIDE SLEEVE BEARING £12.42 + VAT

These could all be different if you have a sachs clutch fitted from factory which some did, and the system tells me it could be either one...

Prices i should think would be similiar though.

Prices quoted are retail and main dealer, there would be some movement in them definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much mate massive help. You think will last another 3months?
What's the consequences of it going?

Absolutely no idea mate! Could be 10 mins or another 3 years!

Hard launches won't help, so go easy.