Vehicle start system fault

garethdj

Reaction score
58e773cf90449e0567450535a923a8d5.jpg

Anyone had this? Was driving along and the car started to judder a bit and I could hear a high pitched noise from what sounded like something rotating under the bonnet.

Pulled over, ignition off and back on. Seems to drive fine but fault code is still there, short journey back but looks like I have no stop start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: IanL-RS3
I think I would have a look under the bonnet and see if you still have a service (Fan/Alternator) belt doing it's thing

Reactions: garethdj, 8YARWY and Daggerit
I think I would have a look under the bonnet and see if you still have a service (Fan/Alternator) belt doing it's thing

I would say the same. Given mine didn’t even manage 50 miles before the belt genuinely exploded, it’s worth checking.

Reactions: garethdj

If it’s jumped ship then won’t be long until he knows about it

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
If it’s jumped ship then won’t be long until he knows about it

Mine gave a warning that the electrical system wasn’t being charged and then also that the coolant system was overheating, that’s some good signs!

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Will have a look later today, didn’t have chance when I came in, was straight back on a work call.

Reactions: Daggerit
Update
8477a6b2b71f85fd5019b284ea8bf5f6.jpg

So, false alarm, it’s sorted. Released that was just as a result of having the door open

The yellow car with the circle round it is the drive assist, ever since I’ve had the tuning box installed it’s start to stay lit for a few seconds after I turn the ignition on.

Bluespark said that’s normally as a result of it sitting in front of the dyno fan for so long but could clear it if it continues to be an issue.

I’ve got an Audi obd dongle actually so might plus that in see if it tells me what the issue was.

So, false alarm, it’s sorted. Released that was just as a result of having the door open

The yellow car with the circle round it is the drive assist, ever since I’ve had the tuning box installed it’s start to stay lit for a few seconds after I turn the ignition on.

Bluespark said that’s normally as a result of it sitting in front of the dyno fan for so long but could clear it if it continues to be an issue.

I’ve got an Audi obd dongle actually so might plus that in see if it tells me what the issue was.

My presense thing with the car in the yellow circle stays on for a while and I haven’t got a tuning box on it, usually until I’ve driven it a short distance then it goes away.

Reactions: garethdj and IanL-RS3
My presense thing with the car in the yellow circle stays on for a while and I haven’t got a tuning box on it, usually until I’ve driven it a short distance then it goes away.

Normal until the you move off.

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
Normal until the you move off.

I presumed as much, I was saying to try and put him a little at ease so he didn’t think it might be another issue.

Reactions: garethdj
I presumed as much, I was saying to try and put him a little at ease so he didn’t think it might be another issue.

Cheers good to know. Maybe mine did it all along, I just didn’t notice it start to do that until after I picked the car up from BlueSpark.

Can only assume it must have been a bit of kangaroo petrol earlier, touch wood seems to be ok now!

The yellow circle will also NOT go out at all if your windscreen is a little misty these days on starting your journey, followed by an alarm ''Audi assist not available'' and a further one? cant remember but linked, might have been ACC not available,? once the camera and screen clears with interior heat the yellow circle dissapears.
Mine did this twice last Saturday evening when going and coming back from friends house

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
The yellow circle will also NOT go out at all if your windscreen is a little misty these days on starting your journey, followed by an alarm ''Audi assist not available'' and a further one? cant remember but linked, might have been ACC not available,? once the camera and screen clears with interior heat the yellow circle dissapears.
Mine did this twice last Saturday evening when going and coming back from friends house

Mine is the automatic headlights that comes up with the presense error when the screen is misty. I can understand it if it’s using the camera and can’t see out of it properly until things demist a bit.

Reactions: Mike.46