vehicle inspection checks??

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
thinking about getting one of these done prior to going down to see a car in London (im in Edinburgh).

Im looking at getting an RAC "essentials plus" check as it includes an HPI check and is pretty extenisve. Its £205 for members. pretty step but IMO worth the peace of mind when im shelling out £11k or there abouts.

Has anyone had one of these done? There are a few places tha do these, anyone used anyone else to get theirs done?

car in question is this:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200702266190059

Has anyone been to see the car? Its in Islington. I'd prefer the black leather but i dont think the cream is too bad, altho i havent seen it for real yet.

I've used them a couple of times now, like you say for when the vehicle is far away from you, be warned that they do a comprehensive report on the vehicle, and I mean detailed... scratches, dents, kerbing, burning oil, you'll get it warts and all:yes: ...I had one done when I was looking for a Passat VR6 Estate, I found one outside London, low mileage, FSH etc etc... The report however disagreed... and at the bottom of the document it stated in big bold black letters "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS CAR ROAD LEGAL OR TO BE PURCHASED!" The list of faults this car had was endless.... bearings, brakes, oil leaks, trim broken etc.. Then the guy that owns the car Emails me asking why I was opting out the deal and "What was wrong with it..." How do you tell people like that???:think:

IMHO you're doing the right thing, so sit back and relax and let the RAC do their job.:o.k:;)