VCDS Parking visual

Maco

Reaction score
Picked up my 2018 A3 s line & realised it was only fitted with rear parking sensors, not really an issue for me until i realised you don’t get the parking visual & only the beep. My understanding is that it can be coded so I’m just wondering if there’s anyone in the north east area preferably County Durham that could code this for me?

Also, what other must haves are out there?

Picked up my 2018 A3 s line & realised it was only fitted with rear parking sensors, not really an issue for me until i realised you don’t get the parking visual & only the beep. My understanding is that it can be coded so I’m just wondering if there’s anyone in the north east area preferably County Durham that could code this for me?

If you buy Carista you can activate with that along with all the other bits and pieces, if you go on there website you can out your model in and it will tell you what you can activate.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

On facelift 8v it can’t be activated through coding whether you use carista, obd11 or vcds.
Need front sensors for it to work. Some lock on the hardware.
I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now even tried other modules and it still doesn’t work.

Reactions: Maco and jakm15
I coded someone's car last night on their 8V for OPS with rear sensors only, works fine.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

So, an ideal reason to add front parking sensors, that was what I did on my 2011 S4 some years ago using Kufatec cables, new sensors and used other original hardware - costs a bit though even doing it yourself, but I think that it was worth it, front and rear expensive bumpers still intact!

Why not go the full hog and install a reversing camera? I never really took much notice of them and relied on the beep. But over time, I use it more and more and use it now more than the beep...

A must have for me is 'hill hold' or brake assist.