VCDS or anything that can reset inspection/ allow parking brake changes

A3SLine2014

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anything that is cheap that can allow inspection resets or to change parking brake pads/discs?
On other brand forum we have helped each other over the years with tools and physical assistance when doing maintenance- is that the same on here

Not sure about the inspection reset but you don't need to plug the car in to change the rear pads/disks. Just head to Youtube and search for Audi rear brake pad replacement. The process is the same for the B8/B9 and others. I did mine yesterday following a video guide without plugging the car in.

Reactions: A3SLine2014
Not sure about the inspection reset but you don't need to plug the car in to change the rear pads/disks. Just head to Youtube and search for Audi rear brake pad replacement. The process is the same for the B8/B9 and others. I did mine yesterday following a video guide without plugging the car in.

Ive seen a video hooked up to a 12 volt battery to wind the parking brake motor back? I did my rears on a renault i had many years ago and that had a mechanical overide under the centre arm rest.

Other epb videos just show vcds connection? Epb scanners available online too to do same thing... im not confident with hooking it to a 12v battery