VCDS DIGITAL COPY where to buy? ?

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy a copy off vcds digitally instead of the cd software as my computer doesn't have a cd drive

the software is free, a GENUINE cable holds the license within the dongle. You only pay Rosstech for their technical support, else you can buy and sell the GENUINE cables all day long and download their software to your hearts content.

Should your cable not be genuine, then the software (I believe) can brick your car.

The software is free to download, its the cable that you need to make it work fully.

You can get a genuine cable from @NHN on the site, send him a message and he will gladly help you out.

The software is licensed via the hardware key that is included with genuine cable on the USB interface, so technically not free. You do get free upgrades as long as you have the cable though and you are not limited to specific car.

The paid-for license software option, I linked above, can be used with non-original or very old VAG-COM cables, but is locked to a specific car IIRC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys just downloaded it onto my surface tablet seen a few uk sellers offering the cable for around £260 that any good‽

Thanks for the reply guys just downloaded it onto my surface tablet seen a few uk sellers offering the cable for around £260 that any good‽

Thats about the going rate, if you speak to Nigel @NHN he will be able to sort you out, he is very well known on the forum and a very nice nad helpful guy too, so you are probably better getting it off him for the piece of mind.

Reactions: Sandra