VAGCOM problem need help

1mran

Reaction score
When you do an Autoscan it goes through all the addresses but finds nothing. Then I tried Select Control Module and selected Engine and it comes back controller not found. Any Ideas what im doing wrong?
its a USB cable im using. The cable test works fine, it displays com port Ok and interface found. Its only when you try to run a test that no controller is found. Can anyone offer some guidance as i havent got a clue what to do?

I've got the same problem.. Got the ODB-2 (usb type) from a friend and I'm using the free version of vag-com 409-1.

The connection all seems fine and the hardware is listed as FTDI FT8U2XX just had to match the ports.

Also got an error saying non VAG car but it's an Audi A4 B5 so that's obviously wrong too!

The other message is 'NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER'.

Heard of other people using this hardware with no problems.

Ive managed to solve the problem thankfully. I had to match the com ports to the software and its working fine now.

i have this problem too i've scanned my friends car with a faulty airbag light and it's not shown up as a fault, but when i try the airbag module specifically it comes up control module not found?? plus on the obd 2 test it tells me not compatible?? it's a B5 A4 i got the lead from ebay. I'm quite sure the ports are right when i set it up it all completed ok.

Any help please!!