Using Meguiars Scratch X

Trevolly

Reaction score
Hi all

My mum has scratched her Kia driving down a tight country road. She has caught the side of the car on a branch which has left a long white line scratch down both doors on the passenger side (pretty much halfway up the door). Its not deep and I have used a clay bar on the car, and then given it two coats of wax, which has helped and you only see the mark in the right (wrong?) light.

I've seen Scratch X recommended. If I use it is it just a case of..... clean car, apply scratch x with a pad in a circular motion along the scratch and then wash and wax? The car is a dark metallic brown / gold. Will it cause a lighter patch down the middle of the doors? Is it worth taking it to a body shop and then do it??

Thanks all

There are plenty better products out there than Scratch X. I've got G3 scratch remover just now and it's much better than Megs Scratch X. Only had a few wee marks and it's taken them out, first time of asking. If it's full length try and get hold of a DA polisher with some Megs Ultimate Compond or Megs 205, or G3. Stuff. It will be a long job to do by hand. And yes, seal the paint back up if you use polish. It shouldn't leave noticeable colour difference as you are blending around the scratch as you go.
Rule I always use is simply combine the least abrasive combination to do the job. e.g light cutting pad with least abrasive polish. If you need to go up a stage, fine!