1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Using IPA to clean screen

Toonsoldier91 Jun 20, 2018

1. Toonsoldier91

Toonsoldier91 Active Member

Morning everyone. Got some IPA coming today to try and solve my windscreen smear.

I've tried a lot of things that ain't helping from gtechniq glass polish to white vinigar to new blades. I've spent well over 100 quid on products that havnt hell so this will be the last attempt before a new windscreen will be ordered via insurance.

The IPA is 99.9% pure

How do I go about using this ?? Do I dilute ? Do I spray it on or use a cloth to apply and rub them wipe over with a dry microfibre ??

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Dilute 50/50 apply to a cloth up the mix from there till you succeed lpa un diluted is pretty so be careful around the rubber trim at the sides of the windscreen mate

Toonsoldier91 likes this.
  4. Toonsoldier91

Cheers jassy. What will happen if I hit the rubber ?? Will it just change colour or something ??

5. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

It would De colour the rubber mate that's all as it would the plastic trim at the base of the wiper blades

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. Toonsoldier91

Ah thanks for that. I'm not fussed what it does to wipers as if I can solve it it'll replace the wipers anyways.

q5man and jassyo06 like this.
  7. Toonsoldier91

Just a thought. The side rubbers come off anyways don't they ?? Sure they just pull off

8. Kakatk

Kakatk Member Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Dilute 50-50 with distilled water & use a clean microfibre cloth & clean inside & out. Good luck

9. pxr5

pxr5 Active Member Team Mythos A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro TDi S-line owners group

You say you've spent over a 100 quid trying to sort this out. Have you tried barkeepers friend yet, that costs a couple of quid? That will definitely sort it out. There is nothing that cleans glass like it on the planet. Forget all these expensive glass polishes, this will work.