Facelift Using car finder on MMI Connect App

Jams187

Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anybody managed to use the car finder functionality with the MMI Connect app? Had an email from Audi about activating it. Apparently with the 3 year connect services subscription this is also included.

I followed all the instructions and synced the car’s MMI to myAudi account but still doesn’t seem to pick up the car. I am sure I am probably missing some additional setting on the MMI.

Attachments

• CC93CE5C-CA34-4AF6-BD0B-82D4F97E8B7A.png
    CC93CE5C-CA34-4AF6-BD0B-82D4F97E8B7A.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 753
I've never managed to get this working, it always says my car is parked at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t get car finder to work properly & seem to be missing
cbe354966a4b2af6e8d1cbf3506640cc.png
my destinations too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to my local dealer and also Audi Germany, the MMI Connect smartphone app will eventually be withdrawn in the next few months. My Audi is the smartphone app which need to be used as this will eventually replace MMI Connect. Btw i have no issues findibg my car (A4) on My Audi.

Thanks for the replies guys. I looked into the settings and the picture attached shows the option. It says a WiFi connection to the vehicle is needed. So does that mean

1) the phone needs to be connected to the cars WiFi hotspot?
2) the car needs to be connected a WiFi network ?!? Is this even possible
3) the phone needs to be connected to a WiFi network

Attachments

• EBA765B0-5A4B-4A59-8655-571130941266.png
    EBA765B0-5A4B-4A59-8655-571130941266.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 440
Thanks for the replies guys. I looked into the settings and the picture attached shows the option. It says a WiFi connection to the vehicle is needed. So does that mean

1) the phone needs to be connected to the cars WiFi hotspot?
2) the car needs to be connected a WiFi network ?!? Is this even possible
3) the phone needs to be connected to a WiFi network
It's supposed to store the location when you park, but the phone has to be connected to the car's Wifi network at the time, which means you have to have an active Audi connect subscription and enough hotspot data left. It uses the position of your phone and not the car's position, so make sure the app has permission to use the location services on your phone. Otherwise you have to manually save the parking position
Found that info for a TT on another forum

I phoned audi last year when I got my car when google maps wouldn’t load and I asked about the car finder, was told it wasn’t available on the s3 although like above there’s an option for it, iirc I did find a page on audi website and it listed from A4 and up were compatible.

Ok so I tried out the function after connecting to the cars WiFi and it works. Car finder now registers last position.

I also found that manually connecting the MMI to myAudi also results in the same thing. But after switching car off, the MMI is automatically disconnected from myAudi so the manual connection had to be established every time. Bit annoying. If I can figure out how to do this automatically without using the phone then it could work as a tracker too, unlikely Audi will have thought of this.