Used Audi: 3.2 Quattro or 2.0T FWD?

posh

Reaction score
Hi guys, I currently own an A3 2.0 FSI.

I love everything about the car - the interior, the looks, the quality - but I dont like the NA 2.0 engine.
So I have been browsing used listings for a while, when suddenly two interesting cars have appeared.

One 2005 A3 3.2 Quattro - 137000km - DSG
and the other: 2006 2.0T FWD - 135000km - DSG
they're both the same price. its almost uncanny how similar the listings are...

Here's what I've deduced so far:
3.2 Quattro: Is Quattro, sounds really nice, is fairly rare, has leather interior, but its worse on fuel.
2.0T : very tune-able (up to around same power as 3.2 with stock turbo?), OK on fuel, but is FWD.

I'm looking for advice and other reasons why I should choose one over the other. Which would I have more fun with as a daily driver?

Thanks,
Posh

I have an s3 absolutely love it the only thing I would say I don't like about it is the sound of the 2.0 engine. Go for a test drive of them both id say the engine noise of the 3.2 will make your mind up for you along with the 4wd only down side is the tax is a lot more

Luckily here in Australia we dont have emissions tax bands :)
The only issue is fuel cost - anyone got figures on what a tuned 2.0t (power equivalent to 3.2) drinks?

I've got a test drive of the 3.2 on Tuesday - looking forward to it

My 2005 remapped 2.0T returns around 23-27 MPG if I'm just driving around town. On a motorway journey I can get 35-40 if I'm very careful!