USB connection

Rikjames

Reaction score
Hi,

Reasonably new to audi scene, and just a question if anyone can help. On my 2013 avant s line b8.5 I only have an aux port in the centre console for playing music through the head unit. Is it easy to upgrade so I have a USB connection for the stereo as well. Or will it be fully changing the stereo an adding USB port. Has anyone done this or shed light on what wud be involved etc? Cost etc

Cheers

I think it might depend on what system you have already, but I think (not 100% sure) you can add the AMI to almost any system, but there are different versions for different systems. You could check hazzydayz.com or kufatec.co.uk as they might have some options on there.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll have look on them sites see if come up with anythin, was thinkin was it just as easy as adding the output for USB etc

The 13 S-line has a jukebox that you can load hundreds of albums onto, it also connects to a bluetooth phone to play music off that and it has 2 SD card slots...... plenty of scope ;)

Thanks I'll have look on them sites see if come up with anythin, was thinkin was it just as easy as adding the output for USB etc

If you want to plug in a USB memory device or mobile phone and don't have the bluetooth music interface, I'm pretty sure you need the AMI.

There probably is an after market solution out there that will work. I've seen a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the 3.5mm jack, but you have no control over the music other than on the phone/device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk