USB C ports

Maddave

Looking at the new A3, it seems that there are only 2 usb c ports. With the old usb 3 ports on my ford ,I could plug in a very discreet memory stick for my music. Being a little thick (due to getting older), apart from plugging in phone I for CarPlay and android auto ,what do you use the new ports for? . I have looked but cannot find any really small (in physical size) memory sticks.
Any recommendations please.

Scaglioni

I have a short 90 degree "USB-C OTG" cable ( £6 from Amazon ) plugged into the right hand USB-C socket. Plugged into it is a standard USB-A "memory stick" full of audio. It all sits in the little recess and the 90 degree angle on the USB-C means that the cable hugs the wall of the recess. I found that if I plugged it into the left hand socket then it auto-played on startup which I do not want as generally prefer automatic bluetooth play from my phone.

KXL

Been advised here on the forum (if I wanted to play music from USB) was to get a small USB-A to USB-C plug adaptor and plug to the left USB-C. I already have a very small (size of the tip of my pinky finger) usb A- drive already from previous car which I hope to carry over.

Maddave

I am in the same position , I am trying spotify at the moment , just don't like the idea of paying for it :flushed:. But I am very impressed.

Nothingdoing079

I am in the same position , I am trying spotify at the moment , just don't like the idea of paying for it :flushed:. But I am very impressed.
I have an Alexa auto plugged in to the second usb slot, with Spotify (I already pay for a family account as listen to alot of music at home)

I've found its perfect as the Alexa voice control allows me to play music over Spotify and also allows me to make calls without having to press anything, though will occasionally use the Audi voice control for phone too (Hey Audi doesn't work on my MMI unfortunately).

Frizzley

Sorry last link was duff I think - try this

another recommendation for the san disk ultra Dual drive - very compact

28D3C370-DC06-4E7E-AAFF-046C27F8F674.jpeg
6A02074E-A321-4DA2-8011-0A6B0DF964CF.jpeg
79EAB03C-EB43-4D27-971C-662FC842DC3B.jpeg

Scaglioni

One possible issue with this approach is that it will stick out into the "cuddy hole / storage space and thus risk damaging the usb socket. See above re suggestion re 90 degree connector. Just my 2d worth ( fwiw ).

Maddave

I will have a proper look when I give it a test drive and if I decide to go for it.
Thanks for all the input

itf

One possible issue with this approach is that it will stick out into the "cuddy hole / storage space and thus risk damaging the usb socket. See above re suggestion re 90 degree connector. Just my 2d worth ( fwiw ).
I don't think it really has the weight to damage it, it's incredibly light.

AnnieYazbeck

Hello, if you don't want to pay for it, maybe you can try to use Spotify Converter to download Spotify songs and playlists offline from your free account. As far as I know, Spotify allows everyone to access its music library for free. With the help of this tool, you won't pay for it anymore.
It's a possible way, you can give it a try!

S3 TRS

To be honest I just use wireless apple CarPlay. This is how I used music in my S3 8V on SD memory card but find it easier to use CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

725c85625a3aff9b5cc11d24ab139de0.jpg

Adapter

Usb drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I go the same USB drive i intend to carry over. Interestingly my previous longer USB port was in the arm rest storage area, which I hardly use, but i still managed to bend a previous longer usb drive, so yea, if it sticks out too much, eventually one will knock it or bend/break it.