1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB/AUX Sockets retrofit in Pre-Facelift A3

Dave8V Feb 19, 2018

1. Dave8V

Dave8V New Member

Hello,

I’m retrofitting an MIB2 unit in a pre-facelift A3. As part of the retrofit I’m installing the USB/AUX socket from a facelift A3 (81A035736).

The new module has two connectors, one is the same as my current AMI unit but the second has a different connector. I can source the connector it’s self but I need the pin outs in order to connect to the green Quadlock connector. Does anyone have these?

If not then a couple of pictures from the black connector on the USB unit and from the rear of the Quadlock would be extremely useful as the wires are colour coded. These could be from any facelift A3?

The attached pictures show where the cable goes from and too.

Many thanks, [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Dave8V

Dave8V New Member

So I have now located the Pin Assignments for the Quadlock. I now need the Pin Assignments for the USB/AUX module. There are 6 pins in total. The part number is 81A 035 736 but I believe part number 8V0035708 and 4G0035736 is the same. Would anybody be able to look on Elsawin whether the Pin Assignments are available for either of these?

On the Pin Assignments for the Quadlock it refers to "R199" if this is useful for Elsawin?

Any help would be much appreciated and would also be of great interest to anyone doing a MIB2 retrofit who wishes to get Apple CarPlay/Android Auto working.

Many thanks,

Attached Files:

• Pins.JPG
      Pins.JPG
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Energie

Energie New Member

Did you manage to fine a solution? Im at the same point

5. seuzo

seuzo New Member

Hello,
    here is the pin out of the 6 pole connector:
    1- KL30 (Battery+) red-black striped
    2- KL31 (Battery-) brown
    3- USB_VBUS green-yellow striped (iPod detect originally in preFL cars MIB1, red)
    4- AuxIn_R yellow
    5- AuxIn_LR- gray (in preFL cars, brown)
    6- AuxIn_L green
    Do you know what is the part nr# of the 6 pole connector?

6. Gil Carvalho

Gil Carvalho New Member

Hello

I have the Audi Multimedia connector and i want to use this too.
    From elsawin 2x usb + aux is R293 not R199

I have elsawin, any request please let me know. I'm tring to undertstand this schema too.

Regards

7. Mouse_161

Mouse_161 New Member

Hi,

New to the forum. I am also looking to install the USB interface, does anyone know the parts codes for the plugs to use the old loom if possible ?

8. Mouse_161

Mouse_161 New Member

Seuzo, did you track down the part code for the connector as I also need it.

9. Gil Carvalho

Gil Carvalho New Member

Hi
    You will need to change loom because the usb pinout are not installed.
    regards

10. Mouse_161

Mouse_161 New Member

Cheers for confirming. I thought if I could get the plugs and the schematics, I could change the existing wiring to suit.

11. Mouse_161

Mouse_161 New Member

Got the loom. Anyone know what pins the red and black wires from the usb interface connect too ?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. seuzo

seuzo New Member

Yes, it is 8W0971636.