URGENT HELP needed with rear B6 S4 brake conversion to B5 1.8TQS

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Hi,

Bit of help needed quickly please!

Had the front B6 S4 brake conversion done to my car a few months ago and now I'd got all the bits to do the rears I sent them off to the garage today.

I sent

300mm rear discs (off B6 S4)
Facelift B5 S4 rear calipers
Trig brackets and longer braided brake hoses
new facelift B5 S4 rear pads

NOW! BIG PROBLEM........my handbrake cables don't fit.

Am I right in presuming I need facelift B5 S4 ones or not................PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I am sure I read that people can make these fit with a bit of adaption on one of the US forums or yeah the S4 cables is another option.

they will fit, you may have to strip them down a bit
they are self regulating on the TQS

I have RS4 rears on and they required a bit of fettling IIRC

I forget exactly what it looks like but if you (or your grease monkey) strips the cable off there should be a section that can unscrew (IIRC it screws itself in to keep the cable tight )

not ideal info but hopefully that helps

Thanks guys. I'll pass the info on and hopefully get it sorted.

Cheers

Quick update. New adjustable handbrake cables fitted and all is good. Now have 345mm front and 300mm rears!

Someone must've fitted cheap and nasty cables previously as they wouldn't adjust properly at all. New ones on were a piece of cake.

Next for me now......FMIC then GT28RS.....after Christmas!

Hi...
Old thread... But where did you adjust the cable?
Fitted S4 rears to my B6 Tdi Fwd, and I cant get it in to the mechanism.. outer cable as well as the cable it self seems an inch or so too short...
Please help

Ok.. Just found out that the OEM S4 cable is at 1700mm which means 3 cm shirtene than the ones fitted now...
What to do??

I had no problems with the handbrake cables as i did the bracket mod as per ecs tunings intructions, are you using B6 S4's or B5 S4's with B6 discs ??

S4 cable are the same left and right and both at 1700mm..
Mine are 1900mm and 2000mm

Try over in the B6 forum you might get a bit more info over that section, i cant see why a 1.9tdi would have longer cables than the S4 ??